General Music Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Just bought some Yeezus tix. Shit seats but it was only $110 for 2 tix. I've been hearing some crazy thing about this tour (artistic creativity, energy, etc) so might as well check it out.

Dodd wrote:Just bought some Yeezus tix. Shit seats but it was only $110 for 2 tix. I've been hearing some crazy thing about this tour (artistic creativity, energy, etc) so might as well check it out.
how'd you feel about the record

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Dodd wrote:Just bought some Yeezus tix. Shit seats but it was only $110 for 2 tix. I've been hearing some crazy thing about this tour (artistic creativity, energy, etc) so might as well check it out.
how'd you feel about the record

-Vader
Not as accessible as his previous albums, thats for sure. Their are like 5 tracks that are pretty hot. The rest I just can't get into. Substance wise the album is very solid, the social and political messages that he is sending is very important, I just wish the production quality was a bit better.

I actually thought the production was one of the best things about it. I thought the lyrics and the actual vocal presence of Kanye West brought it down. Would listen to it more as an instrumental. I think I liked 5 songs on it too.

The first half is sorta masterful then gets really mediocre

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:sorta masterful

Vader182 wrote:The first half is sorta masterful then gets really mediocre

-Vader
blood on the leaves tho

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Vader182 wrote:The first half is sorta masterful then gets really mediocre
-Vader
blood on the leaves tho
That's one of the ones that I thought that sucked.

Now, this is a chilling and beautiful song. Historical NSFW images featuring lynched people, watch out etc

Lol @ Kanye's "Yeezus" being above RAM on Rolling Stone's best album of 2013 list. Even for non Daft Punk fans, I just don't see how it's better. :|