General Music Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
Donald Glover is having quite the run this year. The Teddy Perkins episode of Atlanta already cemented him as one of the best artists alive today. Everything else is just gravy at this point. Shout out Hiro Murai too.

the new carters album is cool but it sounds v 2018, compared to all the new kanye stuff which are 2019

that new nas album especially sweet jeezusz. i keep thinking i have fav tracks from these wisconsin albums then 'simple things' drops

New Gorillaz album this week. Pretty sure it's just an apology for Humanz

Humanz was trash so I hope it's good. But it's just been a year, so probably not.

Listening to it now (it leaked). It's pretty good but I also like Humanz okay so I'm biased. A good 12/26 songs on there are great to me even if the whole project is disappointing.

This one's their shortest album and has 2D singing on every song. It's kind of like a sequel to The Fall that has more complete songs rather than just iPad instrumentals.

EDIT: One Percent might be one of my favorite Gorillaz songs, it's just too short wtf

I’ll give it a listen, but yeah Humanz left me disappointed.

Any Arctic Monkeys fans here? I’m curious to see some thoughts about their latest album which has been quite controversial lol

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Thedarknight628 wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 9:37 pm

Any Arctic Monkeys fans here? I’m curious to see some thoughts about their latest album which has been quite controversial lol
I have never been that into Arctic Monkeys, so as a non fan I absolutely love the new album. Actually this album may have turned me into a fan. I dig the sci-fi vibe that it has.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 12:02 am
Thedarknight628 wrote:
June 22nd, 2018, 9:37 pm

I have never been that into Arctic Monkeys, so as a non fan I absolutely love the new album. Actually this album may have turned me into a fan. I dig the sci-fi vibe that it has.
I started to get into them as a result of AM in 2014 and I was hooked on their first 3 albums. Their first album and Humbug are both near perfect in my eyes. I was confused at first listen, but it is really an album that requires multiple listens. Majority of older fans expected them to go back to their roots lol even though they have proven after each album that they always wanna go in a new direction and it pays off in this one. The songs that stick out the most at the moment are The Ultracheese, Star Treatment, and One Point Perspective