Tom Hardy wants to do "The Punisher"

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'd rather have a talented guy like Hardy take on some Hollywood roles and make complex performances out of them, instead of him just doing it for the paycheck. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play characters in big Blockbuster roles, as long as you understand the characters and how you can make them interesting.

Cilogy wrote:Tom Jane works better as The Punisher, IMO. I'm still praying that he returns through some miracle of godly intervention.
Is the requisite for the character to be aggressively bland and utterly forgettable? Jane might get another go if so!

Yusuf Dazz wrote:I'm still hoping that Marvel add The Punisher on the cinematic universe with Thomas Jane again.
Make another solo film and also add him on Infinity War films.
I wouldn't want The Punisher with MCU... I think that character works best on his own. I would love Hardy as Punisher, with a good script and good enough director.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Tom Jane works better as The Punisher, IMO. I'm still praying that he returns through some miracle of godly intervention.
Is the requisite for the character to be aggressively bland and utterly forgettable? Jane might get another go if so!
We're not hanging out anymore.

Fan-made but sweet:

SilverHeart wrote:Fan-made but sweet:

Marvel’s TV Plans Could Include The Punisher
I also disagree with the assessment of Punisher as “one-note”. On his own, Punisher is tricky, but if you bring him into the Marvel-Netflix universe, he could work great since his ethos buts against the other four heroes. Punisher is willing to kill, and if he gets results, then who’s to say his way is wrong? Another flaw in Daredevil is that Matt Murdock refuses to kill, which is fine, but the show still needs to dispatch his enemies, which leads to suicide or someone else doing the dirty work on more than one occasion. Matt wrestled with his desire to kill in season one, and I agree with Devin at BMD that bringing in The Punisher keeps that conflict relevant and also expands it to other heroes.

If the Punisher, Blade, or Ghost Rider end up getting solo shows, Heroic Hollywood says they’ll likely make their first appearance as a cameo on another Marvel-Netflix series before going to a backdoor pilot.
http://collider.com/marvel-tv-the-punis ... host-rider

Welp, now that Bernthal is Punisher it's only a matter of time before they announce him spinning off. I bet they'll announce him for a solo the week after Season 2 comes out.

Is Netflix taking aim at a solo Punisher series?

It’s certainly possible, thanks to an update at this week’s Television Critic’s Association. In an interview with the press, Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos revealed that he is certainly open to the idea of a Punisher series.

“It is possible for sure,” he told IGN. “That’s the beauty of the Marvel universe.”

But before the Punisher gets a solo adventure, he will headline Netflix and Marvel Studios’ Daredevil Season 2. Played by Jon Bernthal, the latest on-screen interpretation of Frank Castle will be a major antagonist to Charlie Cox’s Daredevil. So, assuming that Punisher polls well with audiences, a spinoff series seems more likely than not.

And it seems Netflix’s Marvel ambitions won’t end with The Punisher, or the upcoming Defenders crossover series. Sarandos added that any of Marvel Studios’ Netflix characters could receive the feature film treatment, saying “Any of them could spin out into films too.” It’s unclear if Sarandos meant a theatrical release or a Netflix feature release, but the big screen seems a little more likely.

Would you like to see The Punisher in his own Netflix series? Let us know in the comments!

Punisher debuts in Daredevil Season 2, coming early 2016.
http://comicbook.com/2015/07/28/netflix ... -characte/

I think you should've put this somewhere else