All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!

Django Unchained (2012)

As for Django: the Quentin Tarantino spaghetti western starring Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio has surprisingly already moved up to the #2 spot over Les Mis, with its estimated weekend gross at $24.8 million
. It's not all bad news for the Tom Hooper-helmed musical though - Les Mis is expected to pass the $100 million mark this weekend, as the film is now playing in eight international territories, including Australia and Spain.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012 ... box-office

Looking at the numbers, the reason why Hobbit took the weekend is the sheer numbers of screens and the 3D and Imax bump. Even with those Django had the highest per screen average of the top three. Likely this is the combination of Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx. The film has been out for six days and it’s already done half the business of Inglourious Basterds, which means its on track to be Quentin Tarantino‘s most successful domestic picture (it’s unknown how international will react). $200 is unlikely, but a $150-$170 finish is possible. With New Year’s Eve and Day on a Monday and Tuesday this upcoming week, it’s hard to know how the numbers will go next weekend. There’s likely to be a heavy fall, but many people are going to try to take off much of this week from work, so it’s possible we could see some strong daily numbers going into the weekend

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012 ... box-office

:clap: :clap:
Django inspired me and a friend to make our own small "western" video. We're shooting it tomorrow :-D
Seeing it again tomorrow. I really feel like I need to see it again to really judge it. It was pretty fucking shocking to me.
A Review of Quentin Tarantino's
Django Unchained

I'll start my review by saying I am not a huge fan of Tarantino. I've posted before on this forum, especially under the "Controversial Opinions About Movies" thread about my lack of enthusiasm for the majority of his films and straight up dislike of the Kill Bill movies. I respect the universe he has created with all of his movies (they are all connected, google it, it's pretty cool) and definitely respect the fact that he treats movie making as an art form, imparting his own style into every film he makes. That said, I'm not a huge fan of his style. Now that all that is out of the way: Django Unchained. It is by far my favorite of his movies that I have seen. The acting was absolutely superb: Leonardo DiCaprio gave an Oscar-worthy performance, Samuel L. Jackson was outstanding, Christoph Waltz was absolutely amazing and Jamie Foxx was cool, calm, and badass. Waltz's and Foxx's performances struck me because in a large way they were actors playing actors, which is always challenging. I think more so than any of his other movies, this one was very comedic. I spent the first half of the film constantly in laughter, mostly at smart dialogue and fantastic acting on Waltz's part; this job was taken up in later acts by Jackson. In true Tarantino fashion the film was grotesque: I'd say the least so of his movies that I've seen, however. Even so, there was a surplus of blood and violence as usual and a flurry of language and racial slurs, large explosions and what seemed like graphic scenes that could have been left out of the movie. Unlike Kill Bill though, I found the plot interesting enough to accept and tolerate, for lack of a better word, the needless violence. I would say overall, the film is good, great if you are a Tarantino fan: there will be plenty in its scenes to delight, drop jaws, but also tell a story, making it a Tarantino classic.

Django Unchained:
8.0/10
- Good Story
- Incredible Acting
- Good Setting
- Very Funny
- Tarantino style at it's best
- Needless/Distracting violence and gore
- Incredibly Graphic
WHERE IS MY BEAUTIFUL SISTERRRRRRRRRRRR?!
On Charlie Rose, Quentin revealed that him and Depo are dying to work together. Hopefully, this happens very soon.
BornSinnerOVO wrote:On Charlie Rose, Quentin revealed that him and Depo are dying to work together. Hopefully, this happens very soon.

Hopefully not.
Tarantino also wants to work with Michael Caine and Meryl Streep
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
WHERE IS MY BEAUTIFUL SISTERRRRRRRRRRRR?!

:lol:
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to Entertainment