Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Bacon wrote:I like how you always have to compare them and/or figure out a way to bring up and insult Snyder or BvS where it doesn't belong. And that's coming from someone who isn't a fan of BvS.
Thats because Allstar is a dolt and has to sink down to levels of doltness.

My guess is they rename the first part to Infinity Gauntlet and keep the second as just Infinity War.

Hopefully this uninspiring era in the superhero films with what seems to be all about war, destruction and minimal character development featuring the likes of Darkseid, Thanos and Apocalypse will soon be over so we can get back to more exciting stories with characters like Joker, Loki and Magneto at front and center.£

Master Virgo wrote:Hopefully this uninspiring era in the superhero films with what seems to be all about war, destruction and minimal character development featuring the likes of Darkseid, Thanos and Apocalypse will soon be over so we can get back to more exciting stories with characters like Joker, Loki and Magneto at front and center.£
Can't speak for the other two, but the Darkseid stuff was some of the most interesting stuff from the Timmverse

I'm not saying there is no chance those stories will be interesting, it's just that I'm not holding my breath. At best I expect a conventional well done "heroes team up to defeat the bad megalomaniac conqueror" type but I mean those are hardly the kind of stories I prefer to see after all that has come already. Even Singer being at the helm of one of those films hasn't caused as much enthusiasm as I expected to stir in me. Anyway...

Infinity War Writers Say Thanos Will End the MCU’s Flat Villain Problem

The early phases were all origin stories. It tends to create a similar villain. When it is no longer an origin story, I think you might have a little bit more freedom to create different villains. I’m sensitive to the problem. I get it. But it wasn’t Robert Redford’s story, it was ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier.’ It wasn’t the Red Skull’s journey, it was the journey of one guy going from ninety pound weakling to American hero and then going into the ice.
In a 120-minute movie it is difficult, and Thanos will possibly change that, but you want time spent. Excuse me for going on a tangent but I love the Marvel Netflix shows because you have so much more time to spend with your villains. It’s literally minutes and hours spent. We have 120-minutes and ‘Jessica Jones’ had how ever many it had.
e tend to take the ingredients and make a different meal out of it. ‘Winter Soldier’ owes a great deal to the [Ed] Brubaker run but it’s not the Brubaker run. ‘Civil War’ owes a great deal to [Mark] Millar, but it’s not close to the ‘Civil War’ run. So we’ll do the same thing with Thanos and his gauntlet.

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity ... criticism/

£

I think the Russos have kinda been exempt from this to be honest. I love Redford's turn, and I thought Bruhl gave something unique. In both cases these characters are not the plainly the chief antagonist, even if they are the ones pulling the strings. It's not the Ronan problem for instance. Both films are complex enough that they aren't reliant on the villain being overly compelling.

It's a funny trade-off: everyone piles onto Marvel for their treatment of villains, but their portrayal of their protagonists has been roundly excellent, with the notable exception of The Dark World where the mirth and fun is stripped from Thor and so you're left with absolutely nothing. Outside of that it's been largely fine; Ultron is indefensible though given the time dedicated to the character. That's down to Whedon's overinvestment in his own wit.

Master Virgo wrote:Hopefully this uninspiring era in the superhero films with what seems to be all about war, destruction and minimal character development featuring the likes of Darkseid, Thanos and Apocalypse will soon be over so we can get back to more exciting stories with characters like Joker, Loki and Magneto at front and center.£
None of the movies in which those characters are main villains have come out yet.