Into The Fire - Bane fic/Part 3 of Trilogy

Have any personal creations relating to Christopher Nolan and his films? Show it off here.
I'm loving this smart*ss Barsad. He's making it impossible for Bane to say no. High standards, he knows who to contact to improve the mask and its sound capabilities. I love how Bane is slightly annoyed by him... I'm wondering how Barsad will eventually feel about Talia. :) :lol: :P

BaneIsPain wrote:Awesome chapter, Baniac. I didn't strike Barsad as being an American in the movie, I always thought he was French or maybe eastern European. But regardless, nice work. I think Barsad being the first American that actually treats Bane with respect is good to see, especially since Greyson and Damian Chase were complete pricks lol. I'm eager to see how Bane gets another new mask too. Maybe if he contacted Wolverine he could have an adamantium mask = no worries against Batman's petty gauntlets. :twisted:
Thanks, Andrew. The reason I went American with Barsad is because in all of his scenes in TDKR except the very first, he speaks with an American accent. I think the reasons for his more eastern European accent in the first scene is twofold: 1) because of the part of the world they are supposed to be in, Bane/Barsad would have figured the CIA douche bag would be more likely to "believe" someone with that ethnicity would be more likely to be involved than a westerner, and 2) Josh Stewart, who played Barsad, said in an interview that originally that first scene was to be his only scene, but then he was contacted to come back and continue with the character because they wanted Bane to have a right-hand man. And Josh, being American (from West Virginia), no doubt knew he couldn't keep up that brief accent through more dialogue, so they let him "be" American for the character. (This last sentence is my speculation; I haven't heard Josh address that anywhere.)

And, like you said, Bane has had some crappy experiences with pricky American dudes, so I thought it would be an interesting twist to have his best mate turn out to be American. :D
batmanbane wrote:I'm loving this smart*ss Barsad. He's making it impossible for Bane to say no. High standards, he knows who to contact to improve the mask and its sound capabilities. I love how Bane is slightly annoyed by him... I'm wondering how Barsad will eventually feel about Talia. :) :lol: :P
Thanks, BmB. I think you will enjoy how the Barsad-learns-about-Talia dynamic rolls out. :lol:

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. :)

I think I like Barsad better than Bane. Didnt see him being from the USA but

but why west virginia

thats the worst state

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I think I like Barsad better than Bane. Didnt see him being from the USA but

but why west virginia

thats the worst state
:lol:

West Virginia for two reasons: 1) that's where Josh Stewart is from ;) so I liked the continuity, and 2) with its crappy economy, it's easy to see why Barsad found a "better" life elsewhere. :lol: Erm, no offense to any West Virginia readers. Hey, I'm from the armpit of the USA--car-industry Michigan. :X

usa usa usa
lol
No rly tho I think having Barsad come from WV actually adds a lot to his character

I'm thrilled that Barsad is american. In my fanfic travels, I'm amazed at how many authors naturally pin Barsad as being from West Virginia. I noticed immediately that in his scene with the CIA jerk he had an accent, but afterwards he had an american accent. I'm okay with that. I LOVE the idea that he was faking a third world accent to impress the CIA jerk.

In Baniac's story, it's clear he's already made plans for Bane. Not only has he decided that he's going to work with Bane, but he's going to see that Bane's mask is improved, and that his supplies won't diminish. This is a clear indication of their future relationship. Bane, due to his size and menacing personality will eventually become the leader, but his most trusted man is the one who knows how to take care of him... 8-) ;) :)

Baniac wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I think I like Barsad better than Bane. Didnt see him being from the USA but

but why west virginia

thats the worst state
:lol:

West Virginia for two reasons: 1) that's where Josh Stewart is from ;) so I liked the continuity, and 2) with its crappy economy, it's easy to see why Barsad found a "better" life elsewhere. :lol: Erm, no offense to any West Virginia readers. Hey, I'm from the armpit of the USA--car-industry Michigan. :X

Awww. Just beautiful. Loved the movie too.

but why west virginia

thats the worst state
Ahem... I think you must like Barsad and Bane equally on this site... ;) :lol: :clap:

I'm caught up. Thoughts:

Ch 1---Bane gets talia ass...nice work champ.

Ch 2---I had no idea Barsad was coming into play this early

Ch 3---The dialogue in this excerpt solidifies the great job you've done of creating a true to life characterization of Bane. Barsad subtly pulling the alpha male card on him is moderately unbelievable yet becomes believable due to the tens of thousands of words you've written building things to this point. Back in the day I was super excited to see the Ducard/Bane chapters but this really topped them in my eyes.