Harvey Dent Was Murdered?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
SilverHeart wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
He was shot, and already fucked up from Joker. He didn't have the energy or time to plan a precise attack.
Well, he has a grappling hook and the Batarang throwing knives, either of which, even if he wasn't being precise, could have either knocked the gun out of Dent's hands while he was flipping the coin or at least redirect it. Just hitting Dent's arm, or even his legs, could have taken him down without tackling him out a window.
He doesn't use Batarangs like he does in the comics. In Nolan's world they're not weapons, but distractions. Tools.

And the grappling hook? :facepalm:
Sigs???

Throwing a throwing knife or grappling his arm both seem like perfectly possible options to me.

SilverHeart wrote:Throwing a throwing knife or grappling his arm both seem like perfectly possible options to me.
The grappling hook would fucking rip through his chest.
Sigs???

07202012 wrote:
Nolanoscopy wrote:I'm confused how that fall killed Dent when the fall Batman has from his penthouse to save Rachel is livable. Only problem I've ever had with TDK.
What do you think his cape was for?
For looks?
He doesn't use it though. Not in either fall.

07202012 wrote:
Caekzor wrote:Yes... with a giant penny.
lolwut?
I think it's a reference to the Batman: TAS episode called "Almost got im".
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

I didn't like that Bruce didn't save Ra's and that Nolan allowed him to unintentionally kill Two-Face. I'm a huge a fan of the comics and in the comics Batman doesn't kill and always saves the villian at all cost, But that works for the make-up of comics not so much for film. The storyline for Batman/Gotham in comics goes on eternally so if you allow him to kill off villians you lose the use of iconic characters. For film this is different especially for nolans series. Ra's needed to die, just like him returning from the beginning of the film, no prison could have held him and he wouldn't have rested till gotham was in ashes, so unless you wanted to watch Ra's return over and over he needed to go. As for Two-Face for the sake of the storyline Harvey had to die so that Gotham could vision him as the white night or hero. In Long Halloween which was one of the storylines TDK was roughly set to Harvey is thought to be dead but later returns, and if Heath hadn't passed Nolan may have very well played that card. Nolans world is a more realistic take on the Batman and if doing so it would be impossible for him to save everyone at all times, Bruce did't intentionally kill Harvey he reacted to save Gordans son and in the fall harvey was killed, I don't think thats intent, murder or manslaughter. Harvey was a casualty of human reaction.

batman8429 wrote:I didn't like that Bruce didn't save Ra's and that Nolan allowed him to unintentionally kill Two-Face. I'm a huge a fan of the comics and in the comics Batman doesn't kill and always saves the villian at all cost, But that works for the make-up of comics not so much for film. The storyline for Batman/Gotham in comics goes on eternally so if you allow him to kill off villians you lose the use of iconic characters. For film this is different especially for nolans series. Ra's needed to die, just like him returning from the beginning of the film, no prison could have held him and he wouldn't have rested till gotham was in ashes, so unless you wanted to watch Ra's return over and over he needed to go. As for Two-Face for the sake of the storyline Harvey had to die so that Gotham could vision him as the white night or hero. In Long Halloween which was one of the storylines TDK was roughly set to Harvey is thought to be dead but later returns, and if Heath hadn't passed Nolan may have very well played that card. Nolans world is a more realistic take on the Batman and if doing so it would be impossible for him to save everyone at all times, Bruce did't intentionally kill Harvey he reacted to save Gordans son and in the fall harvey was killed, I don't think thats intent, murder or manslaughter. Harvey was a casualty of human reaction.
Nolan wants what's best for the story. He's not interested in fan service. At least when it comes to villains.
Sigs???

Technically yes it was murder (manslaughter), but in context, I don't think he violated his principles.

This was [technically] murder because it was direct. People who died indirectly don't count. Occam's razor would make that hard to calculate.

But
1. It was unintentional
2. There was no other option

I'll put is this way.

Batman unintentionally destroys hundreds of thousands of dollars of innocent people's property by chasing down criminals.

Does this mean Batman believed it was okay to destroy property?

"if you pay attention, two-face's coin was right all along.

he flipped die on batman and batman did technically ""die" in tdkr when he was presumed dead at the end but not bruce wayne.

Harvey flipped live because he was pointing the gun on his non-burnt side and that side is still alive like he said at the bar where he is only half dead. He also lives on in memory in tdkr

and finally live on boy which is obvious.

Good Job Nolan! by MrKarto2287"

Oh man! I never think about it. Nolan is a genius! :goNF:

atilasantos wrote:

"if you pay attention, two-face's coin was right all along.

he flipped die on batman and batman did technically ""die" in tdkr when he was presumed dead at the end but not bruce wayne.

Harvey flipped live because he was pointing the gun on his non-burnt side and that side is still alive like he said at the bar where he is only half dead. He also lives on in memory in tdkr

and finally live on boy which is obvious.

Good Job Nolan! by MrKarto2287"

Oh man! I never think about it. Nolan is a genius! :goNF:
I honestly don't understand the post at all.
Batman died almost 9 years after Dent flipped the coin.