Harvey Dent Was Murdered?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
:batface: murdered Harvey..and yes he broke his rule

batman represents action..
two face represents chance..

Carpe diem

life is not a gamble...

Batman didn't premeditatedly murder Dent. After his intense battle with the SWAT team, The Joker, and to top it off, being shot by Dent, Batman probably wasn't thinking straight. He was acting on impulse. Batman probably wasn't thinking to himself "If I push Dent off the ledge, he'll die." He was forced into making a quick decision.

Plus, what kind of a human being would he be if he had sat back and let Dent murder the boy rather than get his hands dirty? Any decent person would have acted in the same exact manner Batman did.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

murder is premeditated so usually you need to intend to kill a person to be liable for murder, and more specilically, malice aforethought. Otherwhise it's involuntary manslaughter. In this case self defense also somes into play because it can extend to defending other people (i.e. Gordon's son) but the wrongfulness of the action is usually taken away by self defense because it is a justification, as opposed to an excuse like insanity, which only takes away the culpability of the offender, not the worngfulness of the action. So I think if he wanted to save the boy harm had to be immediate, and the force used had to be proportionate. Deadly force, however, might be excessive in this case and it's wrong to kill insane offenders because they are not responsible for their actions. It would all probably be involuntary manslaughter. Murder seems unlikely.

he murdered harvey by accident..this is actually the only thing that i didn´t like from TDK, that they killed of two-face, even though it is really the only thing nolan could have done in order to make the story complete.. but for me, two-face is an iconic Batman Villain..it would have been cool if there was a classic batman/Two-Face clash.

Yes... with a giant penny.

no...not with a giant penny.

Caekzor wrote:Yes... with a giant penny.
lolwut?

Batman is 2 for 2 right now. He is technically responsible for the death of Ra's and Two Face. Intentional or not. So far 2 people have died indirectly by his actions. Going by the math that means one of the 2 villains in TDKR will die from something Batman does.

anonymity wrote:Batman is 2 for 2 right now. He is technically responsible for the death of Ra's and Two Face. Intentional or not. So far 2 people have died indirectly by his actions. Going by the math that means one of the 2 villains in TDKR will die from something Batman does.
I don't agree on Ra's death being Batman's fault.
Remember, Ra's destroys the brakes on the train...

07202012 wrote:
Caekzor wrote:Yes... with a giant penny.
lolwut?
Giant Penny!