Harvey Dent Was Murdered?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I'm confused how that fall killed Dent when the fall Batman has from his penthouse to save Rachel is livable. Only problem I've ever had with TDK.

Is according to this logic Batman also responsible for the death of for example Bryan, the fake Batman?
Batman should turn himself in. Everyday he doesn't, people will die. I'm a man of my word.
- The Joker

Celestin wrote:Is according to this logic Batman also responsible for the death of for example Bryan, the fake Batman?
Batman should turn himself in. Everyday he doesn't, people will die. I'm a man of my word.
- The Joker
Bryan/Brian was already dead when The Joker said that.
And you can't really compare the two because Dent's death was the direct consequence of Batman's actions.

Batman could have avoided Dent's death, so I guess it kind of is his fault. It's not like there wasn't a way of stopping him non-lethally.

SilverHeart wrote:Batman could have avoided Dent's death, so I guess it kind of is his fault. It's not like there wasn't a way of stopping him non-lethally.
He was shot, and already fucked up from Joker. He didn't have the energy or time to plan a precise attack.
Sigs???

SilverHeart wrote:Batman could have avoided Dent's death, so I guess it kind of is his fault. It's not like there wasn't a way of stopping him non-lethally.
Oh Jesus.

:facepalm:

Nolanoscopy wrote:I'm confused how that fall killed Dent when the fall Batman has from his penthouse to save Rachel is livable. Only problem I've ever had with TDK.
What do you think his cape was for?
For looks?

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
He was shot, and already fucked up from Joker. He didn't have the energy or time to plan a precise attack.
Well, he has a grappling hook and the Batarang throwing knives, either of which, even if he wasn't being precise, could have either knocked the gun out of Dent's hands while he was flipping the coin or at least redirect it. Just hitting Dent's arm, or even his legs, could have taken him down without tackling him out a window.

SilverHeart wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Well, he has a grappling hook and the Batarang throwing knives, either of which, even if he wasn't being precise, could have either knocked the gun out of Dent's hands while he was flipping the coin or at least redirect it. Just hitting Dent's arm, or even his legs, could have taken him down without tackling him out a window.