The chase to save Harvey and Rachel (Agent of Chaos)

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I'm referring to the scene in which Batman and Gordon try to rescue Dent and Rachel when they are about to be blown up, while Joker is in jail.

This entire scene is so masterfully done, and imo, it's mostly due to Zimmer's "Agent of Chaos" being played during it. The way the song changes moods as the scene switches focus between the characters is just mind-boggling. It's such a powerful song. It's easily one of my favorite scenes of all time.

Mine too, actually. It's also a huge flaw with The Dark Knight- the most intense and emotionally gripping moment happens an hour before the ending.

-Vader

It was one of the most tension fuelled sequences in the entire film. I can't really expand on what you said. The music perfectly fitted the scene, it was structured so masterfully, and then it literally blew you away come the climax.

@Vader - I found the ending to be the most intense and emotionally gripping moment.

That entire section of the film is fucking brilliant. I'm talking about the chase with Harvey in the SWAT vehicle, followed by the interrogation, followed by the race to save Harvey/Rachel.

What ending? The final voiceover or the final confrontation? Into the credits is perfect, and the final confrontation with them is heartbreaking, but I mean, the first proper head to head between Batman and The Joker building into that threatening the complete essence of the character (which is something that doesn't happen again in the film in this way), so it's kind of the dramatic/narrative peak, I think.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:What ending? The final voiceover or the final confrontation? Into the credits is perfect, and the final confrontation with them is heartbreaking, but I mean, the first proper head to head between Batman and The Joker building into that threatening the complete essence of the character (which is something that doesn't happen again in the film in this way), so it's kind of the dramatic/narrative peak, I think.

-Vader
The finale involving Dent, Gordon, and Batman. The entire ending sequence after the Joker's final scene. I find it to be the most emotionally charged sequence in the entire film, which is what I'm trying to get at. The tension, the suspense, it's all masterfully executed in most sequences in question.

Most intense part:

BlairCo wrote:Most intense part:

Deebo!

This is one of the best scenes in that film because you'd expect batman to rescue rachel and you don't think about the fact that the Joker is a notorious liar and so you don't question what he says during the first viewing but you notice something's wrong when batman finds Dent instead of Rachel. It's masterfully edited and the scenes with the joker arguing with the detective are very disturbing, so much so that i would question the PG-13 rating. i mean this is a guy who says how thrilling it is to kill people with knives :shock: . I guess it also works as a reference to the BTAS, at least the way in which Dent becomes Two-Face. Probably the one thing we learned from this movie is that the Joker does not like to eb called a freak because that makes his whole theory redundant, as he's then only an isolated incident and would need to reflect about what he's done and how he got to be so crazy but he'd just rather blame society for all his woes.

MiracleSleeper wrote:I'm referring to the scene in which Batman and Gordon try to rescue Dent and Rachel when they are about to be blown up, while Joker is in jail.

This entire scene is so masterfully done, and imo, it's mostly due to Zimmer's "Agent of Chaos" being played during it. The way the song changes moods as the scene switches focus between the characters is just mind-boggling. It's such a powerful song. It's easily one of my favorite scenes of all time.
Totally agree!
Sigs???