The 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.

Does the Rachel recast bother anyone?

jibran wrote:No because I hated Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal is cool.

I agree with this.
jibran wrote:No because I hated Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal is cool.

Pretty much.
Maggie is better than Katie, but I think she was miscasted in TDK. Anyway, the switch had always bothered me and I still don't know why it happened. Was it because Katie was pregnant or just fired?
dadosaboya wrote:Maggie is better than Katie, but I think she was miscasted in TDK. Anyway, the switch had always bothered me and I still don't know why it happened. Was it because Katie was pregnant or just fired?

She said it was scheduling conflicts but we all know the truth? She wanted more dinero.
I just wish Nolan knew Marion Cotillard when he was casting for Rachel in BB ;)

FilmmakerRising wrote:I just wish Nolan knew Marion Cotillard when he was casting for Rachel in BB ;)

I think her accent would have ruined it in that setting..she just does not have the American slang right.

She is the hawttest dont get me wrong.
tykjen wrote:
FilmmakerRising wrote:I just wish Nolan knew Marion Cotillard when he was casting for Rachel in BB ;)

I think her accent would have ruined it in that setting..she just does not have the American slang right.

She is the hawttest dont get me wrong.

True about the accent.

If only she could fake an American voice.
I don't think that rachel recast bother anyone.
tykjen wrote:I hated both. And I'm happy shes dead.

Same. Pretty much Nolan's worst decision as a director/writer was that character and both actresses he had to play her.
oliverjj wrote:
tykjen wrote:I hated both. And I'm happy shes dead.

Same. Pretty much Nolan's worst decision as a director/writer was that character and both actresses he had to play her.

lolwut?

Rachel Dawes is very important in BB. Less so in TDK, but she still has a role to play in the film. Stating that the character is Nolan's "worst decision as a director/writer" is ludicrous.
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to The Dark Knight