Does the Rachel recast bother anyone?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I wouldn't be bothered if someone like Anne Hathaway who was fit for the role would've replaced Katie. Maggie is good but she was just not a good choice for the role.

On the other hand I don't think Anne was the best choice for Selina Kyle but I might be wrong, so we'll see about that.

In terms of Maggie replacing Katie, no it doesn't bothers me as I consider Maggie a better actress. But in terms of choosing Maggie as opposed to some other actress, yeah...I wouldn't have chosen Maggie to play Rachel.

Sad as it is, for me it seems that Rachel (not the character but the actresses) will end up being the sole dark spot in Nolan's Batman Trilogy. That one thing I felt was not on par with the greatness of the rest.

Master Virgo wrote:I wouldn't be bothered if someone like Anne Hathaway who was fit for the role would've replaced Katie. Maggie is good but she was just not a good choice for the role.

On the other hand I don't think Anne was the best choice for Selina Kyle but I might be wrong, so we'll see about that.
see, I thought maggie did a much better job than katie Holmes and she felt like a real person with real commitment to the role. When she flirted with Harvey Dent it felt like an honest performance...maybe it was the difference in quality regarding the dialogue that made the difference. In the end I don't just want Dior models to be involved in batman's lovelife.

it does bother me, because the way Gyllenhaal played the character I simply cannot see Bruce being in love with Rachel...she was sweet, compassionate, and endearing in Begins, but in TDK she didnt have those qualities..her energy pushed her away, which kind of put too much weight on Bruce's emotional arc, because you couldnt believe that Bruce could care about her that much

it only bothers me a tad from a continuity standpoint. But then again so does the new DC logo appearing before TDKR. I'm a stickler for lame stuff like that but yeah I thought Maggie and katie did what they were required in each film very well. I might actually have liked Katie as Rachel more, despite my usual dislike for Holmes.

Yep, I'd rather Holmes. Despite all the (needless) vitriol for Holmes, Gyllenhaal isn't necessarily dramatically better. And the character isn't overly complex or interesting, she's just a device. If it was Holmes there might have been more of an emotional register over the death of the actual character because you knew her - as it is it's purely how it impacts everyone else that works.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...