Some people really underestimate how well written TDK is.

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Skyab23 wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

all of the clowns delivered their dialogue camp

most of the mob bosses (the chechen, gambol) ..Eric Roberts is the only one who didnt fall for the trap

the hostages on the boats...pretty much everybody except the Big black prisoner

Nolan's pacing, and this type of acting from a majority of the smaller principal roles, keep this film from feeling REAL to me
I totally am in agreement with you on some of the secondary roles like Gambol and the guy in the truck with Gordon...though Maroni did a good job...but you didn't state that in your original post you just stated the TDK prologue was campy, and I don't agree with that, but if you think that the clowns delivered campy dialogue, do you not think the TDKR dialogue was super campy, particularly from the CIA guy's lines and delivery?

well, the CIA guy is just one guy...compared to what, 5 or 6 clowns? and no his delivery didnt bother me as much as the clowns did...the circumstance and his physicality justified it enough for it to not sound as ridiculous

This is awesomesauce

I think Fox found that in a drawer somewhere and was just checking it out before Bruce came in with the bullet fragment data.

The dialogue and delivery of those second-tier characters is less campy/comic-booky and more theatrical. There seem to be a lot of theatrical aspects to TDK, almost a perfect mix between those elements, a comic book structure, and highly cinematic aspects as well.

Also, I'd disagree that this is a hyper-realistic Joker. The Joker is the character least bound by the constraints of Nolan's Gotham. He operates on another plane of existence, almost.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

The Dark Knight is one of the best written films of the 2000's.