Analysis of the car chase scene in TDK

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Not sure if anyone else posted this, but I saw this posted on Roger Ebert’s Facebook page awhile back and thought I’d post it here. It’s a two part video of film critic Jim Emerson analyzing, shot by shot, the car chase scene.

My own personal opinion is that he makes some valid points, but if we all spent are time nitpicking every shot of a movie, we miss what the purpose of a movie is - to entertain.

What are your thoughts?

http://vimeo.com/28792404

Some points are valid but I just don't give a fuck(and I don't see why someone else should).Every viewing that scene works perfectly.

It's still the coolest chase scene ever.

steveportee wrote:It's still the coolest chase scene ever.
Sure is. It's a hard act to follow.

I've watched it countless times, and have yet to notice anything wrong with it.
steveportee wrote:It's still the coolest chase scene ever.
Also can't argue with this statement.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

The one thing that bothers me if when Batman intercepts the rocket, the swat vehicle is completely absent from the shot.

I always felt a little disoriented whenever watching the car chase scene, and now I know why....

Decided not to let it bother me and enjoy it for what it is.

steveportee wrote:The one thing that bothers me if when Batman intercepts the rocket, the swat vehicle is completely absent from the shot.
Yeah. Or the background vehicles during the Batpod vs. Truck scene, they change position continuously.

It was poorly edited in the sense of continuity, but for the most part it was stunning and pretty much made the movie in terms of being an action movie and visually grandiose.

FilmmakerRising wrote:It was poorly edited in the sense of continuity, but for the most part it was stunning and pretty much made the movie in terms of being an action movie and visually grandiose.
Too True!