Anyone tend to skip bits when watching The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
MiracleSleeper wrote:
FilmmakerRising wrote:I think skipping any Nolan film- even the credits- is blasphemy.
Even the main menu, I don't skip. I make sure to watch it for at least 10 minutes before I start the film.
:thumbup:
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote: Even the main menu, I don't skip. I make sure to watch it for at least 10 minutes before I start the film.
:thumbup:
Of course!

-Insert comment about how fucked up TS is here-

I only skip(by looking away from my monitor) the part where Batman grabs Maroni in the bar. Way too flashy and even becomes disturbing when I watch it with all the other lights turned off...

NolanFan528491 wrote:I only skip(by looking away from my monitor) the part where Batman grabs Maroni in the bar. Way too flashy and even becomes disturbing when I watch it with all the other lights turned off...
That's one of my favourite scenes!

I tend to mute whenever that one asshole guard is on screen. "That's not good!" NO SHIT, SHERLOCK HOLMES?

thedarklordrises wrote:I have this on Blu-ray and have seen it dozens of times. But I tend to skip most of it now and just watch Heath Ledger's scenes. Anyone else do this? His performance is absolutely timeless. I tend to skip the Two Face, Gordon, Batman scenes as they I find them quite tedious.
Why would I skip the scenes with the most morally complex character in the film (Two-face)? Aaron Eckhart always gets overlooked when people talk about The Dark Knight because his villainous side has less screen time than Heath Ledger's Joker but remember: it's easier to play a totally irredeemable, evil guy but it's less easy to convince the audience that your character is likeable only to then by the end make a complete moral U-turn and make it believeable. It's even more difficult to make the audience feel empathy for the villain, as I actually don't consider the Joker to be the main villain because it's Harvey's fate that determines how well/badly Gotham survives this conflict batman has set into motion. the real climax of the film is that intimate confrontation between Gordon, Two-face and batman.

That being said, I often skip the Hong Kong sequence because I get bored watching Bruce wayne dealing with the corporate crook that is Lau.

To be fair, the best part of Eckhart's stuff doesn't really start till when Rachel goes missing. Then he goes from cool to awesome.

My parents skip the exact parts that I adore. Like the parts when Harvey is in Gotham General and is visited by both Gordon and the Joker. The dialogue is so well written and the acting is so great. I stared at them in awe when they skipped it. It's the same thing with Memento and Insomnia.

As amazing as Heath was, my favorite scene in the film (the last 10 minutes) revolved around Two-Face, not the Joker. So no, I like to watch TDK in its entirety.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!