Anyone think Gary Oldman gave an incredible performance

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
jibran wrote:THEY KNEW WE WERE COMING! [/faltering accent]

Gary Oldman is one of my most favourite things about these films, beyond amazing, incredible, whatever.
Yeah, he's amazing, but that part always makes me smile with the slip of the accent and all.

He did sound different when he said that! Ha.

I think Gary Oldman's performance was great. So was Aaron Eckhart.

Oscars are hacks. This even further proves the fact

Batville wrote:He did sound different when he said that! Ha.

Agree about Eckhart, he was great also.

I think Gary's performance in particular was Oscar worthy. Heath Ledger's performance was theatrical and therefore more noticeable but I think Gary Oldman was every bit as good in his own understated way. Shame not many people think that, it's always the theatrical performances that get noticed.

Just look at The Fighter, yes Christian Bale was fantastic but I thought Mark Wahlberg was every bit as good as Bale.

IBelieveInBruceWayne wrote:
Batville wrote:He did sound different when he said that! Ha.

Agree about Eckhart, he was great also.

I think Gary's performance in particular was Oscar worthy. Heath Ledger's performance was theatrical and therefore more noticeable but I think Gary Oldman was every bit as good in his own understated way. Shame not many people think that, it's always the theatrical performances that get noticed.

Just look at The Fighter, yes Christian Bale was fantastic but I thought Mark Wahlberg was every bit as good as Bale.
Lol no

Lol no
Well I think he was. But we'll agree to disagree :)