Are they re-releasing TDK?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Doe anybody have any information about this? I read/heard somewhere (don't remember where) that WB is planning to re-release TD on IMAX closely to the release of TDKR. Does anybody know if it's true?

willyjoel wrote:Doe anybody have any information about this? I read/heard somewhere (don't remember where) that WB is planning to re-release TD on IMAX closely to the release of TDKR. Does anybody know if it's true?
A second re-release? That sounds odd, but if WB can make money off it I guess it makes sense. Would people really want to see it in Imax again? (I would lol)

Wasn't there something a while back regarding this? I heard it was being re-released closer to the release of Rises.

If it's re-released in Imax, I'm in. I didn't have any Imax screens near me when it was orginaly released.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I hope we get a new Blu-ray.

I attempted to persuade mom to go to the first re-release in early 2009, but nothing happened. Thing is I was asking to go to Navy Pier, and now after having been there I realize how f-in epic it would have been to see the opening shot burst on that huge screen.

Must- re- release

Last year, David Keighly (Head of IMAX DMR), said that a rerelease was unlikely.

He did say a double feature of the two is rather likely, however.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:He did say a double feature of the two is rather likely, however.

-Vader
That would be too much to handle.

They should have a triple feature...make it an all day affair.