Why is Heath Ledger's Joker considered to be so good?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
CorkyBrian wrote:
mchekhov wrote:
just because he's not disguising the fact that he's a villain doesnt mean he's not disguising his motives, nature, etc. Just as Tony hides his motives, so does hte joker. And he lies just as often. The only difference is that it is immediately apparent that the joker is a villain. But as far as choices go, there are as many to be made, just as complicated.
What do you mean he is disguising his motives, "Some people just wanna watch the world burn" seems pretty straightforward to me.HE just wants anarchy.And lying is just one of the many methods to reach this kind of evil/anarchy

he lied to the mob. he lied to dent. he lied to gordon and batman.

so if you agree he lies, then you agree he uses disguises. what's your point? this whole argument, if you can even call it that, you've been backing away into a corner.

CorkyBrian wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

it doesnt mean that either. Every character has means of disguise.

ok
:roll:
It's RIFA.

mchekhov wrote:an argument, if you can even call it that
It's not an argument, its more along the lines of an English speaking person working at a grocery store trying to explain to Spanish-only speaking person that their coupon is expired. No matter how much the English person tries to convey the message, he will ultimately be.... Lost In Translation.

Samsara17 wrote:
mchekhov wrote:an argument, if you can even call it that
It's not an argument, its more along the lines of an English speaking person working at a grocery store trying to explain to Spanish-only speaking person that their coupon is expired. No matter how much the English person tries to convey the message, he will ultimately be.... Lost In Translation.

except i understand everything he is saying. I just simply am aware of how invalid the statements are.

mchekhov wrote:
Samsara17 wrote: It's not an argument, its more along the lines of an English speaking person working at a grocery store trying to explain to Spanish-only speaking person that their coupon is expired. No matter how much the English person tries to convey the message, he will ultimately be.... Lost In Translation.

except i understand everything he is saying. I just simply am aware of how invalid the statements are.
Yeah, I meant more along the lines of... you're a cashier and you know the Mexican person is trying to say the coupon is valid, but you're trying to explain to him that it has expired, but no matter how hard you try to explain, the mexican person will ultimately not get the point. Eventually the manager will be called... in this case, Nolan. We have to contact Nolan so he can perhaps get through to Corkey.

Samsara17 wrote:Yeah, I meant more along the lines of... you're a cashier and you know the Mexican person is trying to say the coupon is valid, but you're trying to explain to him that it has expired, but no matter how hard you try to explain, the mexican person will ultimately not get the point. Eventually the manager will be called... in this case, Nolan. We have to contact Nolan so he can perhaps get through to Corkey.
Except Corkey can speak english and is just trolling.

-mchekhov 2: Chek Harder

solo2001 wrote:
Samsara17 wrote:Yeah, I meant more along the lines of... you're a cashier and you know the Mexican person is trying to say the coupon is valid, but you're trying to explain to him that it has expired, but no matter how hard you try to explain, the mexican person will ultimately not get the point. Eventually the manager will be called... in this case, Nolan. We have to contact Nolan so he can perhaps get through to Corkey.
Except Corkey can speak english and is just trolling.

-mchekhov 2: Chek Harder
Don't ruin my awesome metaphor.

-Keith Ledger is amazing

Samsara17 wrote: But regardless, I don't agree with Corky at all. What makes Heath's Joker such an amazing performance is not the fact that he simply played an evil character well, it's because his performance was able to trigger such a strong, and powerful emotional response in the audience.
True. One of the few villains in movie history that I was genuinely scared of, in a very visceral way.

I love how everyone actually bothered to try and discuss things with this obvious troll.

Mason wrote:I love how everyone actually bothered to try and discuss things with this obvious troll.
I didn't. I simply posted a youtube video of South Park. :twothumbsup: