Do you think Heath's performance is the best of all time?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Out of all the performances I have seen... I have to say yes.

I agree.

I DOUBT IT!

although Mr.Ledger's performance was great I don't think its the best performance of all time. He also got a shi*t ton of publicity after his death which made a lot more people care about his performance

Best villain of all time absolutely. Best performance of all time, well he was great but there have been a lot of other great performances throughout the year.

I think it's obvious. The way Ledger completely dissolved into the character to the point in which he was unrecognizable is something that very few can and have done. His mannerisms, voice, attitude, everything... was completely different than not just his real life personality, but anything he had done previously. It's absolute remarkable, and I think someone would have to be pretty daft to not consider his portrayal as the Joker as one of the best of all time.

/gush.

This is a difficult question in a way because, of course he was superb and he ranks among the greatest of performances, but in a way I do feel that there are better performances out there.

But then again, I think yeah, it's probably the greatest performance of all time.

Crazy Eight wrote:I think it's obvious. The way Ledger completely dissolved into the character to the point in which he was unrecognizable is something that very few can and have done. His mannerisms, voice, attitude, everything... was completely different than not just his real life personality, but anything he had done previously. It's absolute remarkable, and I think someone would have to be pretty daft to not consider his portrayal as the Joker as one of the best of all time.

/gush.
Even when his makeup was peeling off he still wasn't Heath... it's amazing.

-Vader

In Nolan I trust. He pulls something out of actors that they don't seem to be aware of themselves.
The Joker by Heath is the most haunting performance I would rather say.. It was not a developed character, but a character born out of chaos. And Heath nailed it. His version carried a real psychological eerie unreliability I have not experienced before in a film.