Do you think Heath's performance is the best of all time?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
agentofoblivion wrote:I'm lost lol
Welcome.

agentofoblivion wrote:talli, you're acting as if it was divine intervention or something. Like Heath was appointed by God. I respect his role but a deity he is not.
I'm genuinely just curious as to how, out of what talli wrote, you came to that conclusion. I found one line of what he said that I could see someone who's never created nor had an idea for anything could interpret as talli speaking of divine intervention, but given that you write, I can throw that out the window. And given that you say something else entirely, trying to suggest that talli is putting Heath's performance on a God like pedestal, your logic is further lost on me. So, first, if you could clear up what you're saying; God like perfection and divine intervention are two different things... which one are you suggesting? You can't say both, since your second two sentences exist to re-enforce the first. Second, could you quote what talli said/failed to explain that would lead you to either of the conclusions you came to in this comment.

Thanks.

agentofoblivion wrote:solo2001. now i know lol

talli, you're acting as if it was divine intervention or something. Like Heath was appointed by God. I respect his role but a deity he is not.

i dont see how you inferred that, either. Because he instantly knew how to play the character? It happens a lot with a good character.

As much as I hate sounding like a fan boy, I really do consider Heath's performance in TDK to be the best performance I've ever seen. I'm sure it's been discussed to death here, so no reason to explain why I loved it.

Crazy Eight wrote:
agentofoblivion wrote:talli, you're acting as if it was divine intervention or something. Like Heath was appointed by God. I respect his role but a deity he is not.
I'm genuinely just curious as to how, out of what talli wrote, you came to that conclusion. I found one line of what he said that I could see someone who's never created nor had an idea for anything could interpret as talli speaking of divine intervention, but given that you write, I can throw that out the window. And given that you say something else entirely, trying to suggest that talli is putting Heath's performance on a God like pedestal, your logic is further lost on me. So, first, if you could clear up what you're saying; God like perfection and divine intervention are two different things... which one are you suggesting? You can't say both, since your second two sentences exist to re-enforce the first. Second, could you quote what talli said/failed to explain that would lead you to either of the conclusions you came to in this comment.

Thanks.
Well I'm not sure which you'd like me to address first but like usaual you take what i write out of context. and God like perfection can be a result of divine intervention so I'm not quite sure what you mean by that either. but, the point I was trying to make is that is was a GREAT role but I get a little tired of the over reverence. and once again, I'm not attacking talli, I respect his opinion, and agree with him on a lot of points. My issue is more a general statement to people who try to evelate something beyond what was done. Heath was GREAT, but not the greatest. But either way its subjective and any time i have an opinion your going to attack it, so THANK YOU.

agentofoblivion wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:

Thanks.
Well I'm not sure which you'd like me to address first but like usaual you take what i write out of context. and God like perfection can be a result of divine intervention so I'm not quite sure what you mean by that either. but, the point I was trying to make is that is was a GREAT role but I get a little tired of the over reverence. and once again, I'm not attacking talli, I respect his opinion, and agree with him on a lot of points. My issue is more a general statement to people who try to evelate something beyond what was done. Heath was GREAT, but not the greatest. But either way its subjective and any time i have an opinion your going to attack it, so THANK YOU.
I didn't attack it... hell I went out of my way to NOT attack your thoughts, but to question them. That's all my comment was, a question... You said that talli was acting like Heath's performance was divine intervention, and then you furthered that point, as evident by the use of "like" by saying he was appointed by God. Then you said he wasn't a deity. Those are three separate comments written as if they support each other, when in reality each comment makes a stand alone point. My first question was whether you think Heath's development of the character is being portrayed by talli as if it was caused by divine inspiration, or that talli was putting it on a God like pedestal. So, which was it? I asked you, and I'm still asking, what exactly (meaning could you quote it) talli said that makes you infer any of that.

I'm not "attacking you" or taking what you've said out of context in anyway. I've read the entire conversation, and as opposed to calling you an idiot or going "WTF" or making some smart ass meme, I'm genuinely curious as to the strain of logic your applying in your comment directed towards talli's comments. That's why I'm asking what talli said that inferred your original comment this conversation is about... I'm not doing it to attack or upset you, but to simply understand where you are coming from, since in nearly all your posts on this forum I just can't... I figured I'd take the time to try with this one.

Crazy Eight wrote:
agentofoblivion wrote: Well I'm not sure which you'd like me to address first but like usaual you take what i write out of context. and God like perfection can be a result of divine intervention so I'm not quite sure what you mean by that either. but, the point I was trying to make is that is was a GREAT role but I get a little tired of the over reverence. and once again, I'm not attacking talli, I respect his opinion, and agree with him on a lot of points. My issue is more a general statement to people who try to evelate something beyond what was done. Heath was GREAT, but not the greatest. But either way its subjective and any time i have an opinion your going to attack it, so THANK YOU.
I didn't attack it... hell I went out of my way to NOT attack your thoughts, but to question them. That's all my comment was, a question... You said that talli was acting like Heath's performance was divine intervention, and then you furthered that point, as evident by the use of "like" by saying he was appointed by God. Then you said he wasn't a deity. Those are three separate comments written as if they support each other, when in reality each comment makes a stand alone point. My first question was whether you think Heath's development of the character is being portrayed by talli as if it was caused by divine inspiration, or that talli was putting it on a God like pedestal. So, which was it? I asked you, and I'm still asking, what exactly (meaning could you quote it) talli said that makes you infer any of that.

I'm not "attacking you" or taking what you've said out of context in anyway. I've read the entire conversation, and as opposed to calling you an idiot or going "WTF" or making some smart ass meme, I'm genuinely curious as to the strain of logic your applying in your comment directed towards talli's comments. That's why I'm asking what talli said that inferred your original comment this conversation is about... I'm not doing it to attack or upset you, but to simply understand where you are coming from, since in nearly all your posts on this forum I just can't... I figured I'd take the time to try with this one.
that just like... your... opinion... man.

christophmac wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:

My question is an opinion? :eh:

Crazy Eight wrote:
christophmac wrote:
My question is an opinion? :eh:
ok dork

Bring him back one last time, if only for a little talk at Arkham..

Prosthetic FX ftw.