missed opportunity

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Here's the thing. Nolan has the final decision. If he wasn't happy with Bale, he would've had him do different things. But he was. That's that. What we see in the film is what Nolan was happy with at the time. I personally feel he was much, much better in Batman Begins, but that's just my opinion.

talli wrote: you havent made one strong argument in this case....you keep saying what WAS done is what SHOULD have been done...thats circular logic....thats like proving the bible is real by quoting the bible
And your single argument is that it 'CAN be done'. Batman could've wore pink bunny ears for all I know. (I said that last thing just to make it even for your thing about the bible).

You never write more than an average of 4-6 sentences in a post here. I don't see how that's any less circular. Not that it being circular means I'm wrong or that you're wrong. I'm only being circular because you deny every single argument I propose. In the meantime what I'm saying is that you would be right if we weren't talking about TDK and Nolan.

Hell, even when I showed you that screen you stopped saying 'that stuff is never present at scripts' and you suddenly shifted your approach. Will you deny that you were wrong?

@Vader: yes, Bale was better in BB mainly because there was much more Bruce in there I think.

Vader182 wrote:Here's the thing. Nolan has the final decision. If he wasn't happy with Bale, he would've had him do different things. But he was. That's that. What we see in the film is what Nolan was happy with at the time. I personally feel he was much, much better in Batman Begins, but that's just my opinion.
The character was written better in Batman Begins that's for sure.

A big part of that is TDK feels rushed in almost every way. It makes the pacing insane (in a good way) but I'd have loved more character development all around, particularly with Bruce. I loved his character, and how Nolan handled him, but it's nothing compared to BB. Roman, I'm assuming that's another reason you favor BB, yeah?

That's what I've been saying about TDKR. I preffer TDK and don't mind the rush, but TDKR is going to be even more rushed and I'm prepared to deal with that if it needs to be that way, but just saying. It'll have to squeeze so much more.

Vader182 wrote:A big part of that is TDK feels rushed in almost every way. It makes the pacing insane (in a good way) but I'd have loved more character development all around, particularly with Bruce. I loved his character, and how Nolan handled him, but it's nothing compared to BB. Roman, I'm assuming that's another reason you favor BB, yeah?
Yep. Batman Begins is a much more grounded film, it's more focused. It's about one man's journey for redemption and justice. It's more emotional too, I'm fully invested in Bruce. I'm not invested in anyone's fight in TDK. Though I believe I'm supposed to be engaged with Harvey Dent's.

What is funny, in my opinion, is that I see a lot of people (over here) saying Batman (or is it Batman and Bruce Wayne? :think: ) was better as a character in BB. But I personnaly learned to love him more in TDK. The Joker was the heart of the movie but Batman/Bruce was all the emotional part of it. I mean, all the movie I was really feeling for him, when he was hurt, when he was worried for Rachel, when he was pretending to be someone he's not, when he was sitting on this chair telling Alfred how Rachel loved him and when finally he accepted to take the blame for Dent's crimes, I really felt all that.

In my humble opinion, everything Bale did in this movie was just perfect, it might have been "too much" if he had try to change his voice at the end while being Batman, when he was finally realizing what it meant for him.

Strangely, I admit that TDK was kind of rushed and didn't leave much space to Bruce to develop more, but I don't mind the rush either, because the movie as a whole was perfect this way.

I know TDKR will be more rushed, I also hope it will still leave some time for us to see more of Bruce, but yeah, I guess we will have to deal with whatever happens ;)

I personally don't have a problem with how Bruce/Batman was developed in The Dark Knight. The development was not based on who he is but was based on who he is becoming.

In the next movie we will see how the events of The Dark Knight affect him and throughout the movie we will see events that are going to further change him. I am hoping the events that transpire leave us with the knowledge that Bruce will grow into the city’s protector. And he will make sure the city stays safe by appearing from time to time to keep criminal organizations at bay, and keep the image of the Batman in the hearts of the wicked.

JUSTIN time wrote:I personally don't have a problem with how Bruce/Batman was developed in The Dark Knight. The development was not based on who he is but was based on who he is becoming.

In the next movie we will see how the events of The Dark Knight affect him and throughout the movie we will see events that are going to further change him. I am hoping the events that transpire leave us with the knowledge that Bruce will grow into the city’s protector. And he will make sure the city stays safe by appearing from time to time to keep criminal organizations at bay, and keep the image of the Batman in the hearts of the wicked.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said, my friend, well said. :thumbup: