If TDK had Katie Holmes, it'd be the best film of all time

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
seriously maggie did fine and all, great. wonderful. but katie would have made the shift much more smooth from the first. think of how much more sad the film would have been if katie blew up in the warehouse instead of maggie. :cry:

Yeah, i hate recasting. No matter if the replacement is a better actor or not.

:P

But you can't blame Nolan, he wanted Katie back. It's all Tom Cruise's fault apparently, ha.

Katie Holmes was soo horrible. Really a pain to watch.

she was better looking than maggie
plus i hated both of them - well hate may be a bit strong but you get the idea

i preferred maggie over katie, but yeah, recasting sucks forever

MMatt wrote:Yeah, i hate recasting. No matter if the replacement is a better actor or not.

:P

But you can't blame Nolan, he wanted Katie back. It's all Tom Cruise's fault apparently, ha.
great photo. :lol: ya Tom sucks, he kept his wife out of one of the greatest movies of all time. i think he has a pcp addiction bc he is insane. :oldmanface: but yea its the recasting deal more than anything not just katie. c nolan did an excellent job dealing with that issue. he definetly got maggie put in gear. :clap: it just sucked because that recasting idea was constantly in the back of my head the first time i saw it. if that wouldn't have been present, i would have probably cried at the end. :cry:

also i just thought katie was the perfect rachel. Nolan must have felt the same way since he stuck her in the first.

I don't find a difference in the actresses. Rachel's character was stronger in BB, which is probably why some people like her over Maggie. However, they both gave equal performances.

The Silent Guardian wrote:I don't find a difference in the actresses. Rachel's character was stronger in BB, which is probably why some people like her over Maggie. However, they both gave equal performances.
i don't know about equal. i think christian bale was way more attracted to katie holmes than maggie, which could also be a reason(not the only) why bale gave a slightly better performance in BB than in Dark Knight. (as far as the bruce wayne and rachel scenes went) :oldmanface:

yeah bale didn't seem to have any chemistry with maggie.