CGI Two-Face...Why?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Has Nolan ever stated why he decided to use full CGI for the burned side?
What was the problem with a mask/make-up?

It was a mixture of make-up and CGI.

Honestly, in this case, CGI looked more realistic. The burns had to show that skin and flesh was actually missing, revealing Harvey's teeth and bone.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Yeah, the CGI here was pretty badass. :D
Image Image No competition.

solo2001 wrote:Image No competition.
Ugh, don't remind me of that awfulness. D:

Nolan has said CGI is great for adding detail to a show but he does not like to base a shot around CGI if he can help it. I would say this is a good example of what he was talking about because there was some makeup used.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Nolan has said CGI is great for adding detail to a show but he does not like to base a shot around CGI if he can help it. I would say this is a good example of what he was talking about because there was some makeup used.
See that's the perfect reasoning for why CGI should be used.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Because with make-up all you can do is build upon the face instead of taking away from it.

I loved the CGI, it actually made me jump a little when I first saw it :lol:

One thing bothers me though, how did he kept his eye not dry, did he just bring eye drops with him everywhere he went?

Ema Skye wrote:I loved the CGI, it actually made me jump a little when I first saw it :lol:

One thing bothers me though, how did he kept his eye not dry, did he just bring eye drops with him everywhere he went?
Yeah I always thought of that. I wanted his eye to be all fucked up looking. After I saw it I thought " if he's in the next one his eye better not still be in that good of shape"
Say Girl