Did the Joker planned it all out or...?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Well the Joker in TDK seemed to be having all planned out from the start

did he really did that? or he made his moves based on what happened and what he anticipated (if this is the case, then he has one hell of mind/intelligence)

The Joker is a pretty spontaneous character, somethings he planned out. But many things he didn't.

it just amazes me that he can read and analyzes people so well that he can made further plan almost immediately (the scene which showcase this the most was the "group therapy" session with the mobs)....

I reckon he just acted after the subsequent events of his own spontaneity, if that makes any sense ha ha

OVERMAN wrote:I reckon he just acted after the subsequent events of his own spontaneity, if that makes any sense ha ha
but the whole car chase and blowing up MCU, kidnapping Dent, Rachel; planting explosives in a thug and have him shoved into the cage

those can't be on-the-spot plan right?

Dan_87 wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:I reckon he just acted after the subsequent events of his own spontaneity, if that makes any sense ha ha
but the whole car chase and blowing up MCU, kidnapping Dent, Rachel; planting explosives in a thug and have him shoved into the cage

those can't be on-the-spot plan right?
well the car chase was like a reaction of trying to kill Batman just for thrill thinking the police had him, of course he placed his thugs in position to make sure he didn't loose his chance, but of course Dent wasn't Batman.
Blowing up MCU and the kidnappings were also planed by he mob, even though he was the one who realized Rachel had an emotional connection with Batman I think it was an action-reaction response to the previews events.
the point is when he said "I just do things" he was right and at the same time he was just mocking of how easy is for a person like him to get into absolute extremes and turn the city into chaos, something that no mobster would do considering that all they cared was money.
Whatever the magnitude of these "plans" was, they were pretty much straight forward, not really masterful and complicated, just take a psychopath terrorist who doesn't care about anything but absolute anarchy and give him the pile of money earned by the mob over the years, you can easily get something as extreme and purposeless as what the joker did.

OVERMAN wrote: well the car chase was like a reaction of trying to kill Batman just for thrill thinking the police had him, of course he placed his thugs in position to make sure he didn't loose his chance, but of course Dent wasn't Batman.
Blowing up MCU and the kidnappings were also planed by he mob, even though he was the one who realized Rachel had an emotional connection with Batman I think it was an action-reaction response to the previews events.
the point is when he said "I just do things" he was right and at the same time he was just mocking of how easy is for a person like him to get into absolute extremes and turn the city into chaos, something that no mobster would do considering that all they cared was money.
Whatever the magnitude of these "plans" was, they were pretty much straight forward, not really masterful and complicated, just take a psychopath terrorist who doesn't care about anything but absolute anarchy and give him the pile of money earned by the mob over the years, you can easily get something as extreme and purposeless as what the joker did.

yea, both side co-operated(joker chase after dent, the mob set up the MCU and kidnap both Rachel and Dent)....but i don't think the Joker getting in the MCU is purposeless, he is going after Lau at the same time

I guess it depends on how you view it. He could have had it all planned or he could have improvised a great deal or he could have had several plans to compensate for varying situations.

Joker:
"Do I look like a guy with a plan? [...] I just Do things."

Dan_87 wrote:
OVERMAN wrote: well the car chase was like a reaction of trying to kill Batman just for thrill thinking the police had him, of course he placed his thugs in position to make sure he didn't loose his chance, but of course Dent wasn't Batman.

yea, both side co-operated(joker chase after dent, the mob set up the MCU and kidnap both Rachel and Dent)....but i don't think the Joker getting in the MCU is purposeless, he is going after Lau at the same time
well I'm sure you understand I didn't mean purposeless in that sense, in that specific case for example The Joker wasn't interested in Lau's money and we didn't get to see what kind of deal the joker did with Marroni's man regarding that sense, probably he was just hoping to get closer to The Batman, there are some things the joker expected to happen and didn't because he underestimated Batman and Gotham and other events like the bank robbery at the beginning could also be considering a good plan but at the end it was quite simple for someone with a lot of guts and nothing to loose.
Once again I believe even thought the joker is a limitless incredibly unique criminal who can do whatever he wants, his planning skills are overrated, he's as spontaneous as he claims to be in a way and the thing is, no one ever tried to do something like what the joker did, so that's the origin of the wow! factor on his "plans".