Michael Keaton Weighs in on Christopher Nolan's BatmanMovies

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Well he did just get shot and sustain a fall that killed a man. I can imagine that would take its toll.

Team Andino wrote:I agree but as I said he's so physically an emotionally screwed up from the days events that his voice and body are more worn out then ever. Watch as the cops chase after him as Gordon is doing the final voice over, Bats is stumbling away trying to run from the cops
Not disagreeing with that at all. My comment was more directed at your "fake voice" comment, but yeah, I agree with you. :thumbup:

My bad I didn't mean to make it so much word it as a fake voice as it is his "alternate" voice. I've always felt because of the scene with Lucius that when he's dressed as Batman he truly becomes Batman.

It's just so nice to hear other people don't hate the voice, I'm so used to people hating on it and me having to constantly defend the voice. I'm glad I joined this discussion :clap:

I don't mind the voice it might a little overdone, but it isn't anything worth whining about.

Yeah, same here. Even though it can get annoying after a while, I do get a kick out of the exaggerations of the words Batman emphasises. Suddenly "he must have friends!" becomes "he must have frieeeeeeeeeeeeends!". I guess the rule of thumb is to multiply the vowels by 10 with each emphasis, lol. Ridiculous, but kind of funny.

Yea, me and my dad make fun of his voice. I love the movie, but that voice. Ugh. I seriously hope they tone it down in the next one.

I really don't see the problem with the voice. What do you want a giant bat to sound like? It's going to sound like a growl, intimidating, and violent.

CroissantRoll wrote:I really don't see the problem with the voice. What do you want a giant bat to sound like? It's going to sound like a growl, intimidating, and violent.
He needs to take some cold medicine and some cough drops.

The voice in Batman Begins was fine. It was deeper than the usual Christian Bale voice but it wasn't so deep like in The Dark Knight that it was just ridiculous.

chee wrote:
CroissantRoll wrote:I really don't see the problem with the voice. What do you want a giant bat to sound like? It's going to sound like a growl, intimidating, and violent.
He needs to take some cold medicine and some cough drops.
:roll: So tired of hearing that. He's striking fear in the hearts of criminals, he's not supossed to sound cute and cuddly. The voice is meant to reflect the tone of the film and what Batman is going through. In TDK he's losing everything that he thought he was in control over, and he's being pushed to his limits, even admitting that he was considering killing the Joker. I'm assuming in B3 it'll be toned down a bit, but you have to consider everything that's going on when you're talking about the voice.

CroissantRoll wrote:So tired of hearing that. He's striking fear in the hearts of criminals, he's not supossed to sound cute and cuddly. The voice is meant to reflect the tone of the film and what Batman is going through. In TDK he's losing everything that he thought he was in control over, and he's being pushed to his limits, even admitting that he was considering killing the Joker. I'm assuming in B3 it'll be toned down a bit, but you have to consider everything that's going on when you're talking about the voice.
This.

Concerning the "ending" voice of Bats, people have to take in the fact that he had just fucking taken out a whole load of SWAT, Joker goons, the Joker and Two-Face. All the while being stabbed numerous times and shot. He was it a total peak of stress, anger and exhaustion. So, of course he's going to sound like shit after all that...