Is there any truth to cut scenes in the movie?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I heard that a few scenes from the theatrical cut of TDK got left out on the Chinese releases. In particular, Edison Chen, the guy to Nolan's right, got left out of the movie because of a heated sex scandal surrounding him that broke out in Hong Kong or Taiwan, I think.

In the theatrical cut of TDK, he is the Chinese who asks Freeman to leave his mobile phone to the security guard on the way to meet Mr. Calcolayshun. :lol:

That is true, Chen's Wikipedia page mentions it.
{=}

The Special One wrote:That is true, Chen's Wikipedia page mentions it.
Because wikipedia is right about everything. :roll:

theweatherman wrote:
The Special One wrote:That is true, Chen's Wikipedia page mentions it.
Because wikipedia is right about everything. :roll:
No, but it is often accurate. And why in the world should it mention this if it wasn't true.

Um, TDK was NEVER released in Chinese theaters. They didn't allow it because after Nolan asked for permission to film in Hong Kong, he then used it as the bad guy's lair. :lol:

If you're talking about DVD release, I have nooo idea. I haven't heard it.

And in the shooting script, those were the only lines they had for Edison anyway. The hubbub over his role was kind of like people thinking Sarah Jayne Dunn was going to be Harley Quinn but she ended up being Maroni's mistress. :lol:

He barely had any screen time in the movie and his part was cut out because of a sex scandal?
Dude was pretty much an extra.

Jonas Agersø wrote: No, but it is often accurate. And why in the world should it mention this if it wasn't true.
Yes but it is also created by people like us and it becomes easy for rumors to find their way on to wikipedia pages.

If it were a bigger role I think we could consider this news, but the guy could have been played but most robots. I've seen a few Chinese robots that actually would have been a little more convincing.