What flaws do you see in The Dark Knight?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Vader182 wrote:Ah, but what type of emotion? I felt drained simply because of how tense I was the whole time.

-Vader
The tension and suspence was mind blowing, but there were other emotions aside from that. I can't really describe it, TDK was one of those movies in which I just felt so connected to all of the characters, and the settings, that I just experienced every emotion that was expressed through them. I really felt the turmoil and emotion not only within Bruce and Harvey, but also in the Joker, and all of the citizens of Gothem. There wasn't a single scene where I felt like I was just watching a movie, every moment seemed to just captivate me, and the feeling was something that no movie has ever done for me. (Though Inception, and a few others have come close)

An absolutely amazing film.... close to perfect as you can get ....since everything has flaws on at least some level.... I mean the bat signal they smash at the end doesn't have the same logo as the one ramirez and gordon stand next too at the beginning of the film, for example....

The trilogy as a whole is really an astounding achievement..... and that can't be compromised by "illogical" moments that are clearly done with artistic license....

Bravo Nolan!

What flaws I saw?
It ends. :cry:

natalie wrote:What flaws I saw?
It ends. :cry:
Ill never lose faith in an extended cut. :)
Brave New World

Okay, just for clarifications sake, The Dark Knight is one of only four movies I consider to be 10 out of 10 (The Dark Knight, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Shawshank Redemption and Inception, in case you were wondering). With that said it is not a perfect film, there can be none.

-Gordon done does mistakes. This is a problem with both The Dark Knight and Rises, though with Rises it was a bit more idiotic. Now the mob is going to want Lau, this is pretty obvious. The mob is also working with the Joker, the most dangerous man in all of Gotham. Why would Gordon let the two be locked up in the same building? Sure, he thought it was secure but thinking about it logically it would be stupid to put the two within a mile of each other.

-The explosives, I brought this up in the plot holes thread. At least it makes Joker seem like an optimist.

-Couple of continuity goofs between shots. It's most notable when Alfred is fixing up Bruce's dog bites, since their head positions keep on changing and they take up a lot of the frame.

-I would've liked them to delve into Harvey's psyche a bit more, though considering the themes of the film I guess this interpretation of the character fits.

-Why would Morgan Freeman need to use the sonar machine? He's God.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

The early fight scenes weren't great.

Plus there is one or two parts which slightly jar with me. But other than that I think it really is a near perfect movie.

I don't know if this is a "flaw", but one thing this movie didn't do is establish Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent as friends. They shook hands and Bruce threw him a fundraiser. That was it. I felt like the tragic fall of Harvey could have been more intensified had their "friendship" been strengthened.

All plot holes and inconsistencies can be explained by "corruption". This is one of my favourite films of all time, which makes me think there are no flaws in this film as far as I am concerned.

Batfan175 wrote:All plot holes and inconsistencies can be explained by "corruption". This is one of my favourite films of all time, which makes me think there are no flaws in this film as far as I am concerned.
Why did Gambol, one of the biggest mob bosses and certainly the most prominent African-American mob boss, have no security in his joint? He and his men let those suspicious-looking guys that had the Joker's body just walk right in without frisking them or anything.

How did the Joker know exactly when the Harvey/Rachel bombs were going to detonate? Think about it - there's no way he should have known. He asked Gordon what the time was, but Gordon never told him. Batman proceeds to interrogate the Joker, and Joker gives up the locations while having left JUST EXACTLY enough time for Batman to save only one of them. How the heck did the Joker know how long to hold out on giving up the addresses if he had no frame of reference time-wise? There's no way he was counting in his head for five hours!

nolangoatdirector wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:All plot holes and inconsistencies can be explained by "corruption". This is one of my favourite films of all time, which makes me think there are no flaws in this film as far as I am concerned.
Why did Gambol, one of the biggest mob bosses and certainly the most prominent African-American mob boss, have no security in his joint? He and his men let those suspicious-looking guys that had the Joker's body just walk right in without frisking them or anything.

How did the Joker know exactly when the Harvey/Rachel bombs were going to detonate? Think about it - there's no way he should have known. He asked Gordon what the time was, but Gordon never told him. Batman proceeds to interrogate the Joker, and Joker gives up the locations while having left JUST EXACTLY enough time for Batman to save only one of them. How the heck did the Joker know how long to hold out on giving up the addresses if he had no frame of reference time-wise? There's no way he was counting in his head for five hours!
Do you wanna know what's inside the joker's head? Not me.