Why was Christian Bale so poor in this?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
You are being deliberately outrageous. I can't imagine any of these movies without Bale. It's very easy to take the villain role, ie. Joker and Bane - there's so much that can be mined, and both Ledger and Hardy are very theatrical as such. That's a very easy route to stardom - just ask Tom Hiddleston. As for Nolan movies, I can tell you that "Inception" is my least favourite, simply because without Christian Bale, it feels a bit empty...

BatPam wrote:You are being deliberately outrageous. I can't imagine any of these movies without Bale. It's very easy to take the villain role, ie. Joker and Bane - there's so much that can be mined, and both Ledger and Hardy are very theatrical as such. That's a very easy route to stardom - just ask Tom Hiddleston. As for Nolan movies, I can tell you that "Inception" is my least favourite, simply because without Christian Bale, it feels a bit empty...
:batface: :batface: :batface: :batface: :batface:

This "suggestion" always has bothered me and more than a little agitates me. His performance his spot on , I can name numerous scenes. Bruce Wayne's endorsement of Dent, his interruption of Dents interrogation of Thomas Schiff(Arkham escapee), The brutal interrogation of the Joker, in tears after the tragic "death" of Bruce Wayne's love of his life. But I know why some people have such a narrow sided and superficial reaction to his performance and it is..............

His Voice as Batman: Which I think is the most logical and necessary modification of his alter-ego.
That is of course "THEATRICALITY and deception" are his most necessary powerful ally , he is to appear as "something elemental something terrifying". He speaks as one who has authority which is what he needs to have to fight crime. He does'nt have that technology when he is interrogating the crooked cop Flass in BB. Flass told him all he knew which was'nt enough, but when he interrogates Dr. Crane he gets all of the information he needs regarding the plot which is due to the power of his voice which he realizes is being modified by the close proximity of the panic inducing toxin Scarecrow sprays. I've spoken about this in earlier posts but that toxin still permeates the city and is in face being inhanced in his distribution of it by the Axis Chemicals subplot that could've been explored had the Joker continued in the series. The way people have a hard time with his powerful infliction of his voice really puzzles me. :judge:

Christian Bale is great in this movie which is what I'm trying to say.

He lost all his money in the third one though.
Do you... like pineapple?

Why was Christian Bale so poor in this?

Because he wasn't!

Hm, I always thought Bale was great in this. IMO, it's his weakest role between the three movies, but that doesn't mean much as he's still fantastic.

I love when he's just staring out the window after the death of Rachel.

BatPam wrote:You are being deliberately outrageous. I can't imagine any of these movies without Bale. It's very easy to take the villain role, ie. Joker and Bane - there's so much that can be mined, and both Ledger and Hardy are very theatrical as such. That's a very easy route to stardom - just ask Tom Hiddleston. As for Nolan movies, I can tell you that "Inception" is my least favourite, simply because without Christian Bale, it feels a bit empty...

Uhm, so you don't like movies without Christian Bale? :eh:

I thought Bale did a solid job.

Not outstanding but not bad either.

Out of the trilogy, TDK is definitely the weakest performance by Bale. However, I think he still did a solid job. It just got overshadowed by Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender