TDK Dialogue

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I don't really thing the dialogue you mentioned was bad. It was just doing its work. The hockey pads line, for example, was good at establishing the ridiculousness of the Batman imitator. Maybe you did not like the theme, but the line is appropriate.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

...I'm sure there wasn't anything about a bazooka in TDK :lol:

There's also some very good lines, including the "watch the world burn" mini-monologue. And the CGI isn't obvious at all. You could have much worse examples, like John Carter, a more recent film :lol:

MikaHaeli8 wrote:...I'm sure there wasn't anything about a bazooka in TDK :lol:

There's also some very good lines, including the "watch the world burn" mini-monologue. And the CGI isn't obvious at all. You could have much worse examples, like John Carter, a more recent film :lol:
There was a bazooka line, during the chase.

Around 2:08.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

I think what people constantly misinterpret as a poor choice of the Bat-voice is really just Batman struggling to speak because he's been stabbed, chewed up by dogs and beaten down by a pipe. LAter, he will have been shot as well. He's trying to get the energy to speak, but he has very little left. It's a slippery slope, but I agree he could have toned it down a bit, I just think it's a misunderstood dialogue.

eisentower30 wrote:I think what people constantly misinterpret as a poor choice of the Bat-voice is really just Batman struggling to speak because he's been stabbed, chewed up by dogs and beaten down by a pipe. LAter, he will have been shot as well. He's trying to get the energy to speak, but he has very little left. It's a slippery slope, but I agree he could have toned it down a bit, I just think it's a misunderstood dialogue.
Couldn't agree more. Of course you can hear Batman in the safe of the bank at the beginning of the movie speaking harsher as he spoke in BB, but towards the end of the movie he's just becoming more and more tired and injured. As you've said, Joker beats him up with a pipe, Rottweiler dogs attack him and bite him, he fights an entire SWAT team... how in the hell would you sound after these things? :-D You would be glad you can still talk...

I'm a big fan of his voice in TDK, so I've never understood the hatred. I mean I understood it but just couldn't agree. Batman's voice is really terrifying to his enemies, and that's the whole point.

eisentower30 wrote:I think what people constantly misinterpret as a poor choice of the Bat-voice is really just Batman struggling to speak because he's been stabbed, chewed up by dogs and beaten down by a pipe. LAter, he will have been shot as well. He's trying to get the energy to speak, but he has very little left. It's a slippery slope, but I agree he could have toned it down a bit, I just think it's a misunderstood dialogue.
That would make sense if Batman in his Bruce Wayne persona also had problems to speak. A more conceivable explanation is that he's just trying to hide his voice, but then he shouldn't speak like that in front of Fox.

I fuck**g love the movie but this is the only quibble I have with it (apart from Rachel), and I understand the "relative" hate. It's nothing really awful, just a bit narm-ish.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

darthnazgul wrote:The only bit of dialogue that really bothered me is the end of the construction building scene. Specifically:

"This city just SHOWED YOU that it's FULL OF PEOPLE. . . ready to BELIEVE in GOOD!" Really came across as. . . bad. There was also another line, I can't really say the writing is bad because I frankly can't understand it.

"You'll pee in a pot of gel forever!" That's the only time Christian Bale's voice really bothered me. Even if you were to correct me (and by all means go ahead), I'd still hear it as that.
"You'll be in a padded cell forever."