Is the joker a sane man?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
m4st4 wrote:Nope.
Epic 10,000th post.

Mr. Caine wrote:Just as sane as me.So 210% normal in other words
Caine, that was the most utterly insane statement I've ever read.

steveportee wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Just as sane as me.So 210% normal in other words
Caine, that was the most utterly insane statement I've ever read.

Joker is nihilistic, sociopathic, malicious, sadistic, but not insane (unlike the people are working for him).

Sanity involves perception of reality.

The Joker is the product of a sick society , he's forced to ride the currents and fend off insanity. The ending where Joker: ("we have to do everything ourselves don't we!"), and when he stalls with his query offer of how he got his scars shows the fight for his sanity. The Joker is kind of a severely mentally ill good guy in the Dark Knight. It takes but to study the subtext really closely. It's worth being a 35 year old virgin , if it means I can figure this stuff out. :lol: all kidding aside with the media coverage associated the Joker it really bothers me, that this great character is not understood, because A) we'll probably never see the Joker in a movie again for another 20 years. (Though we'll have Freddy's, Jason's, Myers, Leatherfaces in mass quantities for dozens and dozens of sequels) B) It won't be done the only way that it should be done which was the right way/the Dark Knight way C) most importantly
this coverage agitates me about any kind of stain on the legacy of Heath Ledgers performance which to give an Oscar worthy performance to a cartoon character, AND what he was able to do with it in making THE most psychologically complex character in movie history.

ThePrestige wrote:...an Oscar worthy performance to a cartoon character.
The Joker isn't just a "cartoon character". :facepalm:

07202012 wrote:
ThePrestige wrote:...an Oscar worthy performance to a cartoon character.
The Joker isn't just a "cartoon character". :facepalm:
You're right, he's in the funny papers as well.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

No...End of story.
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:No...End of story.
The fact that this thread is still on is one of the funny things about NF :lol: :goNF:

dadosaboya wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:No...End of story.
The fact that this thread is still on is one of the funny things about NF :lol: :goNF:
:lol: Wy would a sane person even think the Joker was sane? :facepalm:
Brave New World