The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight?

100% Awesome
79%
90% Awesome
14%
80% Awesome
4%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
0%
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
1%

Total votes: 321

Code_R wrote:90%. The bat sonar vision thing and the fingerprints off a bullet are still REALLY silly, but overall it's a classic. The IMAX theatre version was eye popping, and the music (and uses of no music at all) are masterful in places.
They're more or less meant to be cool gadgetry, referencing James Bond. We aren't supposed to think of them as realistic.

-Vader

Yes, but still silly when everything else has some basis in reality, and they've gone to lengths to make it grounded - even the flying cape thing seems feasible in a thin way. It takes me out of the movie when it shows the view point of SONAR in such high detail, or the prints from a destroyed bullet being usable in anyway at all! :facepalm:

Code_R wrote:Yes, but still silly when everything else has some basis in reality, and they've gone to lengths to make it grounded - even the flying cape thing seems feasible in a thin way. It takes me out of the movie when it shows the view point of SONAR in such high detail, or the prints from a destroyed bullet being usable in anyway at all! :facepalm:
It was meant to be just a bit of fun, really, I think you're overreacting to it far too much.

-Vader

100% for me. It's one of my all-time favourites, in the year after it came out I watched it once every month (which is quite a lot for me). It's a perfect movie for me, even if it has weaknesses they don't matter to me. I wouldn't change one tiny thing of it.

redfan wrote:100% for me. It's one of my all-time favourites, in the year after it came out I watched it once every month (which is quite a lot for me). It's a perfect movie for me, even if it has weaknesses they don't matter to me. I wouldn't change one tiny thing of it.
I would. Bale's voice.
AHM NOT WEARIN HOCKEY PADZ!

Baconboy wrote:
redfan wrote:100% for me. It's one of my all-time favourites, in the year after it came out I watched it once every month (which is quite a lot for me). It's a perfect movie for me, even if it has weaknesses they don't matter to me. I wouldn't change one tiny thing of it.
I would. Bale's voice.
AHM NOT WEARIN HOCKEY PADZ!
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: TDK has it's flaws but it's definitely not his voice.

I honestly don't care about his voice. I only would, if he didn't changed it as Batman.

redfan wrote:I honestly don't care about his voice. I only would, if he didn't changed it as Batman.
Because there is nothing to care about.Only the nitpickers can considered this as a flaw.

I just don't like it. I'm not a nip-picker, but the voice does get on my nerves. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the movie, tho.

Baconboy wrote:I just don't like it. I'm not a nip-picker, but the voice does get on my nerves. It doesn't stop me from enjoying the movie, tho.
The only time where it's goes bad is here:

:lol: