The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight?

100% Awesome
79%
90% Awesome
14%
80% Awesome
4%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
0%
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
1%

Total votes: 321

As great as Inception is and all, TDK is without doubt my all time favorite masterpiece of a film to date. Everything about it seems so perfect! It is hard to imagine TDKR living up to this film, but then again this is Christopher Nolan! Definitely the most anticipated film... ever.

TDK is the film that truly made me become a Nolan fanatic. I watched Memento first and LOVED it, then saw BB in theaters and thought it was a good movie, but nothing amazing. Then "The Dark Knight" came out and BLEW MY MIND. I will never forget watching the "Magic Trick" scene for the first time, the whole theater flipped out and it was right there that I realized that I was watching a masterpiece. Definitely the best film of 2008, and it is probably my 2nd favorite Nolan film, just behind "Inception".

I agree with another poster, when TDK got snubbed from getting a Best Picture nod, my view on the Academy completely changed. Sure, this was a huge blockbuster. Sure, this was a superhero movie. BUT....... it was much much more than that. It was one of the greatest crime movies ever made, one of the greatest heist films ever made, one of the best action films ever made, one of the greatest thrillers ever made, and it had THE MOST AMAZING VILLAIN EVER SEEN ON FILM. Heath Ledger's performance cannot be praised enough, and it is his performance that should have elevated this film in the eyes of the Academy. But they failed miserably and did not reward the most gripping film of 2008. It is this reason that I really hope they honor "Inception" this year, just to make up for their snub.

So in short (LOL)... "The Dark Knight" is phenomenal and one of my all-time favorite movies.

3rd favorite film of all time.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:3rd favorite film of all time.
I'm wondering what's your favorite film of all time? Cause TDK is my favorite film of all time.

hoppity-kick wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:3rd favorite film of all time.
I'm wondering what's your favorite film of all time? Cause TDK is my favorite film of all time.
1-Inception
2-Reservoir dogs
3-The dark knight
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

snape wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

snape wrote:Image
you got it, dude :lol:
The Dark Knight is my favorite movie, I fell in love with Nolan's films because of that. I just can't choose right words to say how brilliant is it.

thenextnolan wrote:
hoppity-kick wrote:
1-Inception
2-Reservoir dogs
3-The dark knight
My own list of top three films of all time, is, strangely enough, the exact reverse of yours:

1 - The Dark Knight
2 - Reservoir Dogs
3 - Inception

I really don't understand why Reservoir Dogs doesn't get more love. Sure, it's not big budget so some of the squibs go off wrong and there aren't any major action sequences to speak of, but in my opinion the fact that it's basically a play set in a warehouse is what makes it so fantastic, and it's scarily low budget just makes it more impressive.

Hal_Incandenza wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:
1-Inception
2-Reservoir dogs
3-The dark knight
My own list of top three films of all time, is, strangely enough, the exact reverse of yours:

1 - The Dark Knight
2 - Reservoir Dogs
3 - Inception

I really don't understand why Reservoir Dogs doesn't get more love. Sure, it's not big budget so some of the squibs go off wrong and there aren't any major action sequences to speak of, but in my opinion the fact that it's basically a play set in a warehouse is what makes it so fantastic, and it's scarily low budget just makes it more impressive.
I think a lot of you guys are higher on Inception then the The Dark Knight because its more recent
"When art imitates life"