The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight?

100% Awesome
79%
90% Awesome
14%
80% Awesome
4%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
0%
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
1%

Total votes: 321

Finally bought the Blue-Ray version today. Had the DVD since it came out. I thought about selling it, but I think this film is special enough having both formats.

Used to be my favorite but is now second to Inception. Well, maybe a tie. :JGLface: :batface:

Great movie but not perfect and for sure not Nolans best movie...90% :)

It is a interesting one!!!

The Silent Guardian wrote:My favorite film of All-Time.

2nd to Inception now.

As for Nolan Films here is how they go

Inception-10/10
TDK-10/10
Memento-10/10
The Prestige-10/10
Following-10/10
BB-9/10 (Always changinc, but I just give it a 9/10 usually)

The first 3 are in my Top 5 of All-Time. Possibly even 1, 2, 3.
:shock:

The Dark Knight is easily the champion of its genre and a Top 5 film of 2008 (you could easily take out any of the 5 films nominated for Best Picture, insert TDK, and you'd have a much stronger BP race). Is it Nolan's best film? I'm not sure. I think it's a better film than Inception, though Inception is still a fantastic. I'm prepping to rewatch Following, Memento, Insomnia, and The Prestige in the next few days. I might have a clearer idea by then.

I can say for sure, though, that not one of them is a bad film. :thumbup:

While it's not my favorite of Nolan's films as others have also said, I love it. I couldn't bring myself to give it anything but 100%.

Tense and gripping, the Best Film of the last Decade. (2000-2009), and the second Best Film of the 21st Century, and All-Time To Inception.

The Silent Guardian wrote:Tense and gripping, the Best Film of the last Decade. (2000-2009), and the second Best Film of the 21st Century, and All-Time To Inception.
Word-for-word, I completely agree with you. :thumbup:

Inception and TDK are #1 and #2 on my list of favorite films.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The Silent Guardian wrote:My favorite film of All-Time.
same for me.
Not only the best Batman movie, not only the best comicbook movie.. but one of the best crime/thriller around. And I think it's best Nolan's too, because on the opposite of Memento and Prestige this movie is superb in EVERY part of it, from directing, photography, editing to costumes, soundtrack, sound..
Cilogy wrote:This is the movie that made me really lose faith in the Academy Awards. Ever since The Dark Knight was snubbed for an Oscar, it has made the awards, in my eyes, seem really biased and popularity-based.

Not only is it a great comic book film, but it easily rivals many other classic films of our generation. Definitely one of the best films of the last decade.

:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: