The Prestige Favourite Quotes

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Alfred: Oh, you think I can live like this? You think I bloody enjoy living like this? We have a beautiful house, lovely little girl, we're married, what is so wrong with your life?

Cutter: "I came here to beg Lord Caldlow to let me destroy that machine. I am not gonna beg you for anything."
Borden: "You go live your life in full now, alright? You live for both of us."

"Do you know the phrase man's reach exceeds his grasp is a lie? Man's reach exceeds his nerve."

"Society only tolerates one change at a time. First time I might change the world I was hailed as a visionary. Second time, I was asked politely to retire."

"The audience knows the truth: the world is simple. It's miserable, solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second, then you can make them wonder, and then you... then you got to see something really special... you really don't know?... it was... it was the look on their faces..."

and of course:

"Are you watching closely?

I like the line from voice over Borden towards the begining "Two young man devoted to an illusion... Two young men who never intended to hurt anyone."

Clearly the meaning changes once you know about Fallon, but the I love how the truth hides in plain site here.

It also is a nice complement to the line about Borden being familier with work houses. I fills in the back story with minimal economy.

[quote="AverageDrafter"]I like the line from voice over Borden towards the begining "Two young man devoted to an illusion... Two young men who never intended to hurt anyone."

Clearly the meaning changes once you know about Fallon, but the I love how the truth hides in plain site here.

quote]

I never caught that before, that's pretty clever. ;)

Robert Angier: It was the greatest magic trick I've ever seen.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Robert Angier: It was the greatest magic trick I've ever seen.
I said that right after seeing Inception for the first time.

(Anyone who knows the twist gets a new take on these lines)

- But Daddy, you promised.
- Did I? Then go to the zoo we shall.

Bocaj6487 wrote:Its not a long quote, but it is a powerful one "You don't know!?" by Angier of course.
Damn, so true. One of the most powerful lines I've ever heard.

Man's reach Exceeds his Imagination!