Quiet sound?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
I didn't know where else to post this so here it is:
First time I watched The Prestige it was on YouTube. It was very quiet and I had to turn all volume up so i could hear it. Then it came on FX, and I recorded it, and it was just as quiet. I had to turn up the volume to hear it and my tv is so old it makes a buzzing noise when turned up really loud. I got the DVD for better quality and for a louder version, but it was just as quiet. Is the movie just quiet naturally or is it just my bad luck? And why on Earth would they make it that quiet anyway?

The universe refuses to allow you to watch such awesomeness properly.

Conspiracy?

Bacon wrote:I didn't know where else to post this so here it is:
First time I watched The Prestige it was on YouTube. It was very quiet and I had to turn all volume up so i could hear it. Then it came on FX, and I recorded it, and it was just as quiet. I had to turn up the volume to hear it and my tv is so old it makes a buzzing noise when turned up really loud. I got the DVD for better quality and for a louder version, but it was just as quiet. Is the movie just quiet naturally or is it just my bad luck? And why on Earth would they make it that quiet anyway?
There are so many things wrong with what you just said.

Bacon wrote:I didn't know where else to post this so here it is:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Bakanboy just keeps on giving...

I'm going to ignore what's frankly pure stupidity on your part and answer your question:

No. It's not quiet, at all. I've owned the dvd since release and the blu-ray for a while too, sound is great. You're doing it wrong.

-Vader

I did admittedly have to adjust the volume during some of the film's quieter moments last time I gave it a watch.