Rebecca Hall vs. Scarlett Johansson

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

Who gave the better performance?

Rebecca Hall
77%
Scarlett Johansson
23%

Total votes: 87

Who do you think gave the better acting performance in THIS film? I consider myself a fan of both of them as actresses but in this film I feel Rebecca Hall gave the better performance by a solid margin. I feel this because part of the reason is I think her character had more depth which allowed for her to show more range. She definitely had a more complex character having to show different types of emotions when being with the different Borden twins and feeling that confusion (Of course the one that loved her and the one that didn't). I am curious of what the Nolan Fan consensus here is on this and please no Scarlett fanboys.. objective analysis please.

Rebecca, no doubt :ugeek:

Come to think of it I think Piper Perabo might of been more impressive in her limited role than Scarlett. :think:

Rebecca Hall, she is a lot better then Johansson. Has anyone seen The Town? She probably had the best acting in that film (okay, she was on par with Jeremy Renner).

Definitely Hall. She was wonderful in the argument with Bale. Shivers.

BlairCo wrote:Rebecca Hall, she is a lot better then Johansson. Has anyone seen The Town? She probably had the best acting in that film (okay, she was on par with Jeremy Renner).
That is my least favorite performance of hers and she is very good in it. :twothumbsup:

Vicky Cristina Barcelona
The Prestige
The Town

Underrated actress imo... Nolan should use her again since he basically discovered her.

Rebecca. No doubt.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I don't know...scarlett johansson looks good but I've never seen any film in which she gave an outstanding performance. Besides, her character was not likeable even though she was supposed to serve as the love interest of the protagonists. Rebecca hall was much better because you could get invested emotionally in her character. Scarlett Johansson was just OK.

Batfan175 wrote:I don't know...scarlett johansson looks good but I've never seen any film in which she gave an outstanding performance. Besides, her character was not likeable even though she was supposed to serve as the love interest of the protagonists. Rebecca hall was much better because you could get invested emotionally in her character. Scarlett Johansson was just OK.
She gave a really great performance in Lost in Translation (and not because we get to see her rear).

Rebecca Hall