Problems with "The Prestige"

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
I love Radiohead and all (even though Thom's Eraser was a bit hit and miss for me) but Analyse felt very out of place for the Prestige.

EDIT:

There's got to be better songs, or even something by Julyan.
Do you... like pineapple?

Anyway, the end title music being a problem? You guys got problems :P

Nah, "Analyse" fit fine.

I mean, it might not have fit in terms of The Prestige being a period flick, but it didn't bother me like, say, My Chemical Romance's weak-ass attempt at an 80s punk cover of "Desolation Row" to close out Watchmen. Not only was it not 80s punk, even if it did feel 80s punk, a hard rock song wouldn't have fit during/directly after such a dark ending.

I'm not even that huge a fan of Watchmen, but My Chemical Romance's cover of "Desolation Row" has become my measuring stick for bad end credits songs. And The Prestige/"Analyse" doesn't even make a blip on the bad-credits-song radar.

Nelson wrote:Nah, "Analyse" fit fine.

I mean, it might not have fit in terms of The Prestige being a period piece, but it didn't bother me like, say, My Chemical Romance's weak-ass attempt at an 80s punk cover of "Desolation Row" to close out Watchmen. Not only was it not 80s punk, even if it did feel 80s punk, a hard rock song wouldn't have fit during/directly after such a dark ending.

I'm not even that huge a fan of Watchmen, but My Chemical Romance's cover of "Desolation Row" has become my measuring stick for bad end credits songs. And The Prestige/"Analyse" doesn't even make a blip on the bad-credits-song radar.
HIGHLY agreed, thanks for reminding me. That one is the worst piece of end title music ever. Everything else of music in that film was just soo fine. I enjoyed the comic massivly back in the day and I must say Snyder did a fantastic job translating Watchmen to film. The 3hour30 cut is real sweet.

tykjen wrote:
Nelson wrote:Nah, "Analyse" fit fine.

I mean, it might not have fit in terms of The Prestige being a period piece, but it didn't bother me like, say, My Chemical Romance's weak-ass attempt at an 80s punk cover of "Desolation Row" to close out Watchmen. Not only was it not 80s punk, even if it did feel 80s punk, a hard rock song wouldn't have fit during/directly after such a dark ending.

HIGHLY agreed, thanks for reminding me. That one is the worst piece of end title music ever. Everything else of music in that film was just soo fine. I enjoyed the comic massivly back in the day and I must say Snyder did a fantastic job translating Watchmen to film. The 3hour30 cut is real sweet.
UGHHH....hearing that not knowing it was coming was AWFUL. Ugh. I hated MCR for that FOREVER.