If Angier used a double once...

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Borden says something like "he comes out on the other side of the stage - mute, overweight, and unless I'm mistaken, very drunk!" and his immediate thoughts to his brother after his new version are "what are you missing" in kind of an angry panic so he can tell it's not a double.

Ok, I just saw this (amazing) movie once again ... and I don't understand something.
Who is the man in the box? Is that the "real" Angier... or his clone?
How actually the machine works?
Is this a real teleport machine that transport Angier from one place to another (and the clones are just bug in the machine .. like a print)?...
I mean... the "real" teleported Angier is on the balcony... or he just dye in the tank and the new clone version appears on the balcony? :roll: :crazy:

We don't really know how the machine works.

steveportee wrote:We don't really know how the machine works.
Thanks!

ANONIMNIQ wrote:Ok, I just saw this (amazing) movie once again ... and I don't understand something.
Who is the man in the box? Is that the "real" Angier... or his clone?
How actually the machine works?
Is this a real teleport machine that transport Angier from one place to another (and the clones are just bug in the machine .. like a print)?...
I mean... the "real" teleported Angier is on the balcony... or he just die in the tank and the new clone version appears on the balcony? :roll: :crazy:
That's what I think.
gib sigs

Angier says he didn't know if he'd end up as the man in the box, or as the man in the prestige. So this indicates that he doesn't know how the machine works.

Some people still can't grasp the notion of the unreliable narrator. The Tesla coil machine shoots sparks, and that's about it, just like the real one, which is why they used a real historical person like Tesla, so that we could easily conclude that Angier's claim that the machine actually cloned/teleported people was just a trick, a little turnabout on Borden. Stage magic is fake.

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Some people still can't grasp the notion of the unreliable narrator. The Tesla coil machine shoots sparks, and that's about it, just like the real one, which is why they used a real historical person like Tesla, so that we could easily conclude that Angier's claim that the machine actually cloned/teleported people was just a trick, a little turnabout on Borden. Stage magic is fake.
:tooexcited:

No. :|

Steve, do you like The Prestige?

Mason wrote:Steve, do you like The Prestige?
No.
I love it :tooexcited: