How did Borden know about Tesla?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
dijinn wrote:Wow.
Sorry - new here. But I've been deep in the trenches of the Nolan universe out on my own blog and didn't even know this was here. Call me naive. Regardless...

This bit is one of the key points that proves that the machine does not work. That it actually doesn't duplicate anything. Think about it... Borden sends Angier on a wild goose chase and Angier accidentally finds the goose?! No, no no... that makes no sense. But to think that Borden & Tesla were in league - that Borden planned in advance to take Angier for all he was worth? That I buy.

Again, sorry for missing out on this board until now. Feel free to see the entirety of my argument against the machine working here: http://taylorholmes.com/2009/08/26/the- ... explained/ I obviously can't do it justice here. I'm sure this board will disagree heartily with my opinion - but I welcome the discussion seeing as though most people (even Nolan fans) have completely misunderstood this movie.
New here too and been a big Nolan fan since Memento.

As far as the Prestige goes I always thought it was wierd doing a movie with a sci-fi/teleportation/cloning machine storyline
and the movie would've been been as good with just the Borden twin end reveal. I always figured there was more to it
buried somewhere.

When I read your blog explanation it made my jaw drop. It does now all seem to make more sense. That is also what we'd
more expect Nolan to do. There were still some bits I was stuck on but, watched it again last night then realised there are
so many lies within lies and ambiguity the Prestige is really fooling us (the audience) the machine works.

Well done. I agree :)

dijinn wrote:Wow.
Sorry - new here. But I've been deep in the trenches of the Nolan universe out on my own blog and didn't even know this was here. Call me naive. Regardless...

This bit is one of the key points that proves that the machine does not work. That it actually doesn't duplicate anything. Think about it... Borden sends Angier on a wild goose chase and Angier accidentally finds the goose?! No, no no... that makes no sense. But to think that Borden & Tesla were in league - that Borden planned in advance to take Angier for all he was worth? That I buy.

Again, sorry for missing out on this board until now. Feel free to see the entirety of my argument against the machine working here: http://taylorholmes.com/2009/08/26/the- ... explained/ I obviously can't do it justice here. I'm sure this board will disagree heartily with my opinion - but I welcome the discussion seeing as though most people (even Nolan fans) have completely misunderstood this movie.

I would believe in this theory only if you can explain who is the dead Angier which Cutter saw on the bench? and the wax-figures reasoning isn't much worthy I guess. otherwise... You folded this nicely.