Question on Angier

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Oh snap! You just got tykjen'd!!!

touchè!

I just got what? Tykjen'd? Is that some kind of Swedish massage? I feel better already. I love happy endings. Thanks Tugger.

Anyway, for those folks still clinging to the idea that every utterance in a Nolan film is the gospel truth, here is a radical notion of a man possessed: The transported cat scene proves that the Tesla machine does not work. This next part is a spoiler for those who still like to think for themselves, so be forewarned.

The cat that is to be transported, whom I'll call Angry Cat, is wearing a chain link collar with a short leather leash attached. After the "shooting sparks", the nasty little basterd is replaced by a docile cat, whom I'll call Friendly Kitty, or so it would appear. It's the same cat, it's just that the electroshock therapy has seriously mellowed the little fucker out.

Anyway, my point is, after the cat gets the zap, ALLIE grabs the CAT and removes the short leash. So the Angry Cat (that was to be transported) should still be wearing the leash that was attached when Tesla zapped him. Moments later When Angier finds the cats 'n the hats, neither cat is wearing a leash, just the collars.

Angier always knew that the machine didn't work, that's not how he did "The New Transported Man." Just as in Inception, there is one final trick that is unexplained, for the audience to ponder. Of course, the film is riddled with clues to the true method.

No. Just no. Your theory is complete nonsense. If the machine doesn't work, then what are those cats doing in the woods? What are all those hats doing in the woods? What's in all those tanks at the end of the movie? If the machine doesn't work, then how does Angier perform the trick? Why is Angier so adamant that his machine is never used again, and why doesn't he want Cutter backstage during the tricks? Why do the blind stage hands cover and move a water tank every night if there is no body in the water tank? Explain the night when Borden finds Angier drowning in the water tank. Why does Tesla tell Angier to destroy the machine if it's just a harmless piece of junk that doesn't do anything?

The machine works as explained in the film. End of discussion.

Well,
Last edited by Rusty Shackleford on June 23rd, 2011, 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just answer the points I brought up. Defend your argument.

steveportee wrote:No. Just no. Your theory is complete nonsense. If the machine doesn't work, then what are those cats doing in the woods? What are all those hats doing in the woods? What's in all those tanks at the end of the movie? If the machine doesn't work, then how does Angier perform the trick? Why is Angier so adamant that his machine is never used again, and why doesn't he want Cutter backstage during the tricks? Why do the blind stage hands cover and move a water tank every night if there is no body in the water tank? Explain the night when Borden finds Angier drowning in the water tank. Why does Tesla tell Angier to destroy the machine if it's just a harmless piece of junk that doesn't do anything?

The machine works as explained in the film. End of discussion.
But you just said "End of discussion."???

I'm glad that you changed your demands-I mean changed your mind.

The cats are just twins, brothers, perhaps searching for the kibble that Allie planted under the hats? Or maybe just scratching around for a good shit?

I only saw one man in one tank. He might not even be dead.

Angier doesn't want the machine used again because people might catch on that it's just a Tesla coil. He doesn't want Cutter to see him set up one man to be murdered and another to be framed, especially because he needs Cutter to testify later.

The multiple tanks are to trick Borden into thinking that the machine is real. Or trick the audience.

Tesla understands obsession, and he knows that Angier will use it to trick another Magician. Hence the warning.

To explain the ending is to reveal the trick, Maybe later. Maybe.

Troll.

-Vader

Go back to your village Rusty.

Rusty Shackleford wrote:I only saw one man in one tank. He might not even be dead.
Are you watching closely? It was an Angier in the watertank. The End.