Significance of the Bird Trick

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Andrea wrote: No,it's always the same Borden, the one who loved Sarah. The twin died hanged up.
Yeah, probably, although, I still find it strange cause it looks like both actions are happening at the same time. And Cutter doesn't look astonished that Borden is still alive, but well he had kind of figured it out from the beginning....

Andrea wrote:Yeah, I wondered this as well, but think they broke up in the restaurant, cuz she was pretty shocked by the coldness of Borden towards Sarah and in the end she didn't even know he was hanged up...
Yeah... But that's strange too. Olivia said to Angier that there was someone to replace Borden, so it looks like she knew about it, but then in the restaurent scene, it looked like she didn't know. I still find it weird that she didn't know Borden was going to die... It might have been in the news or something?

Batcat wrote: Yeah, probably, although, I still find it strange cause it looks like both actions are happening at the same time. And Cutter doesn't look astonished that Borden is still alive, but well he had kind of figured it out from the beginning....
I've never thought they happen at the same time, don't know... Yes, Cutter knows, indeed you can see he nods at Border when he's entering the warehouse where he kills Angier.
Batcat wrote: Yeah... But that's strange too. Olivia said to Angier that there was someone to replace Borden, so it looks like she knew about it, but then in the restaurent scene, it looked like she didn't know. I still find it weird that she didn't know Borden was going to die... It might have been in the news or something?
Can't remember when Olivia said that right now.
I don't know how actually it was, but there would be no surprise if it wasn't advertised so much: indeed Border twin is hanged up in a room, not in a square with audience...

Andrea wrote: I've never thought they happen at the same time, don't know... Yes, Cutter knows, indeed you can see he nods at Border when he's entering the warehouse where he kills Angier.

Can't remember when Olivia said that right now.
I don't know how actually it was, but there would be no surprise if it wasn't advertised so much: indeed Border twin is hanged up in a room, not in a square with audience...
Yeah, I don't know what to think. I suppose a part of me still wants to believe Borden who loved Olivia is alive and that it was all part of "the prestige" :lol: although the brother bird is dead...

Also where was "Fallon" in the very beginning? :think:

Olivia said that to Angier before gaving him Borden's journal. Yes, maybe she didn't know about it, but I wish she could have been there, or come to visit him once. I loved their relationship! :)

Batcat wrote: Also where was "Fallon" in the very beginning? :think:
In the very beginning, I don't think they worked out the whole Fallon thing yet. I think they just took turns going to show rehersals and chillin' in their apartment. I think they came up with the whole idea of Fallon once Borden went out and started doing his own work; or at least didn't implement that idea until then.

MW715 wrote: In the very beginning, I don't think they worked out the whole Fallon thing yet. I think they just took turns going to show rehersals and chillin' in their apartment. I think they came up with the whole idea of Fallon once Borden went out and started doing his own work; or at least didn't implement that idea until then.
Yeah, probably. Although, I don't really see why they had to take turns already because they could have their own life at this moment :think:

Batcat wrote:Yeah, probably. Although, I don't really see why they had to take turns already because they could have their own life at this moment :think:
:shock: I never thought of that. That's a good point, it would have saved them so much trouble.

MW715 wrote: :shock: I never thought of that. That's a good point, it would have saved them so much trouble.
I wish we could have the answer to that... Maybe it's in the books, but it's really strange indeed...

Are you serious? It would've compromised THE WHOLE THING!!

Agreed, the film is good because it doesn't tell you everything. It still leaves room for your imagination to come up with plenty of what if's.

No, I mean the twins not taking turns would've compromised their mission. They would've been spotted at the same time in different places.