The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

'The Prestige' is More Original Then 'Inception'

BatMotor wrote:
chee wrote:
GTFO.

:o :shock: What the hell? do you call yourself a moderator?

No, I don't.

I'm the Goddamn Batmod.
hah. I love this place. ^_^
No, I don't.

I'm the Goddamn Batmod.

No your not.Your the crazymod :silent:
So I think this topic already has quite the lively discussion over in the Inception area. Future discussion can continue there: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4512
So... back to the Presitge...

Sure as a film it does seem more original than Inception, yet, you have to take into consideration that it wasn't original in the first place, it was based off of a book.
MW715 wrote:So... back to the Presitge...

Sure as a film it does seem more original than Inception, yet, you have to take into consideration that it wasn't original in the first place, it was based off of a book.

Phew. Thank god you're here.
Anne Elk (Miss) wrote:
MW715 wrote:So... back to the Presitge...

Phew. Thank god you're here.

Hahah. I see what you did. I see it.
I just had a thought about the movie 'Primer', in which the doubling concept was used much the same way as in 'The Prestige'. And you also have two opponents working against each other along with their doubles. So for originality, I would have to go with Inception.
However, I don't claim to be a movie buff. Maybe the 'dream within a dream' idea has been used before in other movies?
← Previous page
← Return to The Prestige