Unable to figure out ???

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
I saw Prestige a couple of times, each time more closely than the other. But still I am not able to figure out the following,

1. The person who is hung , is it Borden himself or his twin (Fallon) ? (How is it justified (not the death but the person))

2. Borden(not Fallon) was hurt FIRST doing Bullet Catch trick in the bar when Angier comes and shoots , right ? At the end, they show the fingers being chopped off (this has to be Fallon's fingers), but then they show Sarah (Borden's wife) attending to the injury ( Fallon is actually injured , how come she is involved, isn't it supposed to be Olivia who should be helping him)

1. Well we really don't know which one is which but general idea is Borden (in love with Sarah) is the one who is not hang, he even says to Angier that he loved Sarah. But this could easy be the twin who loved Sarah and survived and the other one was hanged.

2. That is when they switched- like when "Borden" (in love with Sarah) saw Olive and said for her not to call him Freddy

1. Both Borden twins dress as Fallon. The one who is hanged is the twin who loved Olivia, the one nicknamed Freddie. The one who loved Sarah is the twin who survives. We know this because at the end, he tells Angier that he loved Sarah.

2. One of the twins gets shot by Angier. Since they need to be exactly the same, the other twin must have his fingers cut off so that he has the exact same injury.
Again, neither of the twins is Fallon, because they both dress up as Fallon. The one who loves Olivia, some people call Freddie. The one who loves Sarah, some people call Alfred. I could be wrong, but I believe Alfred got his fingers shot off, and Freddie got them chopped off to match.

I prefer terms Bordon and Fallon.Bordon is one obsessed with magic and Fallon is just unfortunate one with no life of his own because his brother want to perform one unique magic trick.

As for answer of question 2:
Olivia joined Bordon much later.The scene (I don't understand how it could be bleeding again) takes place earlier.
The scene of one chopping another's fingers is just a flashback.
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:I prefer terms Bordon and Fallon.Bordon is one obsessed with magic and Fallon is just unfortunate one with no life of his own because his brother want to perform one unique magic trick.

As for answer of question 2:
Olivia joined Bordon much later.The scene (I don't understand how it could be bleeding again) takes place earlier.
The scene of one chopping another's fingers is just a flashback.
No they were both almost equally obsessed with magic. It doesn't make sense for Fallon to be the 'unfortunate one' I mean who would dedicate his life to his twin brother's obsession just because he has a twin brother. There is some slight indication that Fallon's obsession might not have been AS strong as Bordon's, but that doesn't make him the 'unfortunate one'. As a matter of fact everyone in this movie is unfortunate, Borden might even be more unfortunate than Fallon, after all HE HANG and had his daughter taken away from him.

What the difference between Borden and Fallon is, is not their level of motivation but their initiative and role. It's Borden who usually calls the shots and takes decisions, but that certainly doesn't mean his brother is a slave to him. Borden returned the favor of sometimes being with Sarah when Fallon couldn't or when Fallon needed to do something else for him. Fallon certainly wasn't less eager to perform that trick than Borden, it's just that for something like this to work between twin brothers one of them has to be a leader/decision-maker, otherwise they'd just quarrel about what to do and when to do it and how. It's just what kept the thing going.

niether one was bordon, neither one was fallon. they took turns.

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not, but figure this out for me.

In the actual film projection, how did Nolan so seamlessly film the transported man?

He only had one actor for each 'double/twin'.

Split screen or time lapse? I thought it was seamless work.

(Now that I saw the Inception , making of on blue-ray, it did spoil some of the magic.
But really, the mirrors, the exploding Paris, the fortress was all magical film work.)

i'm pretty sure Fallon is hung because the last time Borden, dressed up as Fallon, sees him he says "im sorry for everything...im sorry for Sarah...i never meant to hurt her" .....he was the one hurting her because whenever he spent time with her, she felt unloved and sensed that he had some kind of skitzophrenia/split personality

talli wrote:i'm pretty sure Fallon is hung because the last time Borden, dressed up as Fallon, sees him he says "im sorry for everything...im sorry for Sarah...i never meant to hurt her" .....he was the one hurting her because whenever he spent time with her, she felt unloved and sensed that he had some kind of skitzophrenia/split personality
It was actually Fallon who fell in love with Sarah. Borden loved Olivia I think, because when Olivia came up to him... the way he joked around about Angier bowing under the stage... it felt really personal.

Though arguing about the names in this movie is a bit pointless. There's not enough proof about who tied that not in the first place and who got his fingers shot first and whether that one was the one that loved Sarah or it was the other one, that got his fingers chopped off later and then suggested that it's time for him to do the trick people would remember him for.

Whether it's mentioned in the script is another issue though.

prince0gotham wrote:
talli wrote:i'm pretty sure Fallon is hung because the last time Borden, dressed up as Fallon, sees him he says "im sorry for everything...im sorry for Sarah...i never meant to hurt her" .....he was the one hurting her because whenever he spent time with her, she felt unloved and sensed that he had some kind of skitzophrenia/split personality
It was actually Fallon who fell in love with Sarah. Borden loved Olivia I think, because when Olivia came up to him... the way he joked around about Angier bowing under the stage... it felt really personal.

Though arguing about the names in this movie is a bit pointless. There's not enough proof about who tied that not in the first place and who got his fingers shot first and whether that one was the one that loved Sarah or it was the other one, that got his fingers chopped off later and then suggested that it's time for him to do the trick people would remember him for.

Whether it's mentioned in the script is another issue though.
I don't know why you're referring to one of the brothers as "Fallon" and the other as "Borden", because they were both Fallon AND Borden. They took turns.