who's performance did you enjoy more?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Mr. Jet wrote:I agree.
David Bowie and Michael Caine
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Nolan was so intent on casting Bowie as Tesla? I know Bowie is awesome, but any other reason Nolan would've wanted him to be Tesla?
I think Nolan likes Bowie's songs.

Mr. Jet wrote:I agree.
David Bowie and Michael Caine
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Nolan was so intent on casting Bowie as Tesla? I know Bowie is awesome, but any other reason Nolan would've wanted him to be Tesla?
As far as I remember, Nolan had only David Bowie in mind for Tesla. He wanted an actor with a different kind of fame and experience when compared to Jackman and Bale. This mirrors how Tesla's fame is different from Borden and Angier's.

I put David Bowie right up there alongside Hugh Jackman. Bale for me was par for the course.

Thanks. That makes sense.

Bale was better indeed.

IBoth were great... but i think Bale edges out a bit more... probably because of the nature of the character.

both were good...jackman impressed me because prior to seeing this film i wasnt aware of his capabilities

but i sided with Bale more

Both did great, but I certainly prefer Bale's performance, but I think that is also because his character was much more twisted and interesting than Jackman's. Bale made it apparent at certain times in the film that he was Borden or he was his brother, and those subtle differences between the two really elevates this movie to a new level. Simply excellent

I think Jackman had a more demanding performance. His performance covered a greater, more demanding emotional range than did Bale's. IMO.

TotemCheck21 wrote:Both did great, but I certainly prefer Bale's performance, but I think that is also because his character was much more twisted and interesting than Jackman's. Bale made it apparent at certain times in the film that he was Borden or he was his brother, and those subtle differences between the two really elevates this movie to a new level. Simply excellent
I agree! :thumbup:

I'd have to go with Bale, he's great in almost everything he does. He pulled off the accent really well.