Favorite scene - The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
When Alfred and Sarah are fighting and their little girl is sitting outside in the hallway, and how Fallon comes to her and picks her up and as he walks with her in his arms you continue to hear their yelling. Just a beautiful scene. And when Sarah asks, "Do you love me?" and Alfred replies, "No, not today." Just perfection all the way through, love the music in that scene also.

The Scene where Borden ties up the prison guard and the ending, where everything comes together.

I haven't seen it in a while so I'd probably have to say the final scene when everything is pieced together and the last shot when Michael Caine says the 'they want to be fooled' (while camera shows the tanks). But on a side note, I love it when Angier's explaining Borden's trick and when he says 'it was the best magic trick I've ever seen'.
Nolan has a great way of writing dialogue that isn't cheesy but still sounds so amazing. :goNF:

LomDodge wrote:I haven't seen it in a while so I'd probably have to say the final scene when everything is pieced together and the last shot when Michael Caine says the 'they want to be fooled' (while camera shows the tanks). But on a side note, I love it when Angier's explaining Borden's trick and when he says 'it was the best magic trick I've ever seen'.
Nolan has a great way of writing dialogue that isn't cheesy but still sounds so amazing. :goNF:
Nice first post.

:twothumbsup:

prestige was an amazing movie..

scenes which i loved

1-bale chains the prison guard
2-bale hijacks jackman's magic show.
3-bale's final explanation of how he did the trick.
4-any scene with bale

Mason01 wrote:
Nice first post.
:twothumbsup:

just watched it again recently and noticed a nice scene with Angier and Olivia -
Angier: I need to know his method
Olivia: It won't get your wife back Robert
Angier (angry): I don't care about my wife, I care about his secret

I love the way that this scene shows us that he is just as thoughtless toward his wife as Borden is towards sarah (the audience don't know that there are 2 bordens yet) because of their rivalry. Shortly after this scene, when he steps into Tesla's machine for the 1st time on stage he gives his ring to his assistant (so that it doesn't affect the machine when he steps onto it). It's could also be seen as the point in the film where Angier has taken a step too far in this magic trick and by doing so he forgets about his wife. Him taking off his wedding ring is a symbol of what he's become by pursuing this obsession of his. and once he's made that decision 'there's no going back' (joker) :)

theweatherman wrote:I can't really pick one scene, I just love the movie so much as a whole.
This.
Maybe the end scene where Alfred throws the ball as he's getting hanged and then reappears as the double :wtf: .
Also the monologue scene that Cutter did at the end was excellent.

jcvargas09 wrote:When Alfred and Sarah are fighting and their little girl is sitting outside in the hallway, and how Fallon comes to her and picks her up and as he walks with her in his arms you continue to hear their yelling. Just a beautiful scene. And when Sarah asks, "Do you love me?" and Alfred replies, "No, not today." Just perfection all the way through, love the music in that scene also.
Yeah these were both really effective but I have to say the last scene, with Cutter's voiceover and him showing the bird trick to Jess, with all the tanks and the fire, and the clip of Bale seeing his daughter again. Perfection!!

And yeah pretty much any scene with Bale since I just love him ^_^ this film is genius and criminally underrated (even though it's 73 on the IMDb top 250 :D )

This scene:

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for a lot of things. I'm sorry about Sarah. I didn't mean to hurt her... I didn't. You go and live your life in full now, all right? You live for both of us. "