Favorite scene - The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
The audience knows the truth.The world is simple.It's miserable.Solid... Solid all the way through.But if you could fool them,even for a second...then you could make them wonder.And then you...Then you got to see something very special.It was...it was the look on their faces.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I've said it before and I am going to say it again,It's not just Angier talking about magic.It's Nolan talking about films.
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:The audience knows the truth.The world is simple.It's miserable.Solid... Solid all the way through.But if you could fool them,even for a second...then you could make them wonder.And then you...Then you got to see something very special.It was...it was the look on their faces.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I've said it before and I am going to say it again,It's not just Angier talking about magic.It's Nolan talking about films.
yeah, that's right. Pure meta-cinema, only a few can do this in such a brilliant way (tarantino for example)... spectacular.

I love at the end when Borden is reunited with his daughter: "You have to bring it back." Just brilliant. :clap:

My favorite scene:
1. The ending is awesome
2. Borden sabotages 'The New Transported Man'
3. "How do you get so famous then?"
"Magic"
"BORDEN!! GET BACK HERE!!"

The final scene, when the truth is revealed, when Broden and Angier confront each other, the revealtion about Fallon.

I. Love. This. Film.

bruce_angier wrote:I've said it before and I am going to say it again,It's not just Angier talking about magic.It's Nolan talking about films.
That's a perfect observation.

After watching again last night;

The best "scene" is the dinner scene with Borden II, Sarah, Scarlet Jo and Fallon. The way Bale talks like he was burried alive that day, and his overall antics on why he should not give a shit since he (Borden II) is seeing that Angier is "getting his hands dirty. Also, this scene starts showing us that one half of Borden (Borden II) was spiraling out of control with obsession to be the best, while Fallon (Borden I) just has to stay mum and let his brother treat his (Borden I) wife, Sarah, like shit in public...

But, overall the best "part" is Cutter's speech at the end summing up the movie as a metaphor of movies.

This film is Nolan's best, through and through. There is not one thing I'd change.

antsman41 wrote:This film is Nolan's best, through and through. There is not one thing I'd change.
The only thing I would change, honestly, is putting "The Prestige" title card at the very end right after Cutter says "you want to be ... fooled," making it along the lines of BB, Inception, and TDK.

But whatever, that's just me being nitpicky.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I really love this scene.The way Nolan shows Angier's obsession and his hunger to receive applause,just genius.
gib sigs

chee wrote:I like the prison scene where he drops a ball and then shackles the prison guard.

i concur