Favorite scene - The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Another one of my favorite scenes

I love this movie

The ending where it all comes together

[/youtube]

The opening scene "are you watching closely". When I had my 2nd viewing and just saw the opening scene, I felt like being fooled by Nolan. Not that it's humiliating. It felt so right. Cause "I want to be fooled" :lol:
One more thing, when Angier talked about his obsession, "it's the look in their faces." It was so heartfelt. It dealt with existential theme and just perfectly worked for the film. For me, it was the greatest dialogue in Nolan's film.

hoppity-kick wrote:The opening scene "are you watching closely". When I had my 2nd viewing and just saw the opening scene, I felt like being fooled by Nolan. Not that it's humiliating. It felt so right. Cause "I want to be fooled" :lol:
One more thing, when Angier talked about his obsession, "it's the look in their faces." It was so heartfelt. It dealt with existential theme and just perfectly worked for the film. For me, it was the greatest dialogue in Nolan's film.
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =20#p68664
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote: It's not just Angier talking about magic.It's Nolan talking about films.
Strongly agree. It's just... I don't know... It made me realize why I love films. And fictional books as well. A great philosophical insight from Nolan. The Prestige... such a great film. :clap:

Tough question, the whole movie is amazing.
:think: Probably the ending when they reveal everything. When I first saw I practically jumped out my seat! No one else I was with got it though, so I had to explain it to them :lol:

:lol: :lol: Yay for feeling smart! :lol: :lol:

My favorite scene is Hugh Jackman's speech or realization at the end when he is dying.

xWhereAmI? wrote:My favorite scene is Hugh Jackman's speech or realization at the end when he is dying.
Yeah, it'd be a pretty intense moment (or series of moments which begin to expand along the time axis) if you had to figure something like that out while you're dying !

steveportee wrote:I love at the end when Borden is reunited with his daughter: "You have to bring it back." Just brilliant. :clap:
Yeah also a great scene.

I've listed my top five scenes below (I'll probably be doing this on every film thread here). Enjoy.

1) Ending

2) Transported Man

3) Opening Scene

4) Tesla Entrance

5) Joke