The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

How Awesome was The Prestige?

100% Awesome
62%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 234

Code_R wrote:Didn't see it. Does it bear much resemblence on a more detailed level? There are a lot of films about magicians.
It's very, very similar, though The Prestige is superior in just about every way. It's great though.

-Vader

Also 100%. I'm torn between this and TDK as my favourite Nolan movie. I've never seen anything like this. Sure, the Illusionist deals with similar themes and approaches to the story-telling, but it gets beaten by The Prestige in every way imaginable. I recently watched it the second time and it was way less interesting than at the first time. The Prestige on the other hand gets better with each viewing, you simply can't appreciate its greatness if you see it only once. That may be the main reason why it is so underrated.

90%

Alberto wrote:90%

Sorry, but the only correct answer is 100%.

80% Awesome

solo2001 wrote:80% Awesome
ImageImage

Watched it again. My 528491 viewing.

I blew me away the first time, but now it's kinda meh. Nothing special. Quite possibly Nolen's worst.
I mean the twist is soooo predictable. I knew from the beginning that there was going to be a 'cut to black' ending. :|
I hope his next movie will be better.

Anyway, 26,49% awesome.

Alberto wrote:Watched it again. My 528491 viewing.

I blew me away the first time, but now it's kinda meh. Nothing special. Quite possibly Nolen's worst.
I mean the twist is soooo predictable. I knew from the beginning that there was going to be a 'cut to black' ending. :|

Anyway, 26,49% awesome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

steveportee wrote:
Alberto wrote:Watched it again. My 528491 viewing.

Anyway, 26,49% awesome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

That's what I wanted :modesty:

So much Samuel L Jackson in this thread.

What an enjoyable film. I guessed the ending but at the same time I still felt oddly cheated by it, but overall I really liked it.
80%.
Do you... like pineapple?