The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

How Awesome was The Prestige?

100% Awesome
62%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 234

jibran wrote:I still felt oddly cheated by it
explain

steveportee wrote:
jibran wrote:I still felt oddly cheated by it
explain
I guess I was expecting more, there was such a fantastic lead up to the final events and then we find out
oh, he has a brother.
Really I had this in the back of the mind and hoping that would not be the twist. It's unfortunate, as all the clues make sense and it adds up at the end but in terms of dramatic tension (and an ending), it let me down. I also felt like I lost a link between myself and Borden.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:I guess I was expecting more, there was such a fantastic lead up to the final events and then we find out
oh, he has a brother.
When do we find this out? Because you know, I didn't figure it out until Angier discovers it at the end, when he is shot. Of course you consider this option since Cutter brings it up himself, but you can't be sure until the end.

Yeah, I mean I couldn't entirely be sure until the end but a bit after Fallon turned up, I was thinking about it, desperately hoping that wouldn't be the answer.
Do you... like pineapple?

Then I was lucky because I never took Fallon into consideration beeing a twin up until the end. That's why it came as a surprise for me.
Maybe that was because it was my first Nolan movie and I hadn't seen too much "twist movies" at this time. Now it has changed; I am expecting almost every possible twist in any movie. For example, when I watched Mullholland Drive not long ago for the first time, I guessed the twist halfway into the movie and was dissappointed that there wasn't more to it, because everyone was praising it as one of the most twisted movies ever. :lol:

Could be. Who knows?
Last edited by Cop 223 on February 10th, 2015, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

100%.

One of the best films I've ever seen.

Porcelaina wrote:100%.

Best film I've ever seen.
fixed by steveportee

Mr. Caine wrote:
Porcelaina wrote:100%.

Best film I've ever seen.
fixed by steveportee
Thanks bro.

I just watched the Prestige again. I absolutely love this film. The filmography of Nolan is so incredible that I can't choose which is my favourite from him. I'm proud to be a Nolanfans! 8-)