The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

How Awesome was The Prestige?

100% Awesome
62%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 234

I honestly think this is his best film.

AceGrayson wrote:I honestly think this is his best film.
You are correct sir!

His best film to date. :clap:

Voted 100%...

This film is perfect, from beginning to end. Every single dialogue is awesome and Michael Caine's quote "You want to bee fooled..."... Gosh, this is GREAT. Definitely great.

Flying Rodent wrote:Voted 100%...

This film is perfect, from beginning to end. Every single dialogue is awesome and Michael Caine's quote "You want to bee fooled..."... Gosh, this is GREAT. Definitely great.
I agree!! :clap:
A fantastic movie!!
I hope to see Christopher Nolan returning to this kind of productions in the future.

BlackBird wrote:
Flying Rodent wrote:Voted 100%...

A fantastic movie!!
I hope to see Christopher Nolan returning to this kind of productions in the future.
What do you mean this kind of production? A smaller scale film?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
BlackBird wrote:
A fantastic movie!!
What do you mean this kind of production? A smaller scale film?

-Vader
Exactly.
I think that it's very difficult for a true artist like Christopher Nolan to focus on his film, and only on that, when this one must be absolutely bigger, more epic, more impressive than the previous one. With big budget films, like TDKR, the director can certainly realize all what he wants, and I'm pretty sure that Christopher Nolan likes that because he has a lot of imagination, but is he still free in spite of all the money which he can spend? I mean...look at what he has to do because of WB: a teaser, one year before TDKR release: IMO it's too soon, the shooting is in progress, the teaser is not bad but seems disjointed ( half of the footage is from BB and TDK ). I've seen Inception's teaser in December 2009, the film was released on July 2010, the teaser was powerful, the message was good: "in six months, you will see something very unusual"...One year, it's too much time, people are going to forget...I'm sure that this teaser is a WB decision, like the "epic conclusion" at the end of it....It ruins everything.
So yes I hope that, after TDKR, Christopher Nolan will return to smaller scale films like "The Prestige" or "Memento". He's so talented that he can make a masterpiece from nothing. Of course I would be happy to see another big budget film, but later. I hope that he will not listen to the sirens of WB...
BTW :innolanwetrust: and I whish him the best for TDKR :)

100%. It's pieces are fitted together perfectly, the performances are all great and the way it plays out is pretty much perfect. The ending may seem out of place, but then you realised they've been talking about real magic the whole movie and it all comes together. Also unlike the othe recent Nolan movies, there is nothing quite like it (Inception can be compared to heist capers and Batman is of course a comic adaptation) but this sort of occupies some other space entirely outside the drama narrative.

Code_R wrote:100%. It's pieces are fitted together perfectly, the performances are all great and the way it plays out is pretty much perfect. The ending may seem out of place, but then you realised they've been talking about real magic the whole movie and it all comes together. Also unlike the othe recent Nolan movies, there is nothing quite like it (Inception can be compared to heist capers and Batman is of course a comic adaptation) but this sort of occupies some other space entirely outside the drama narrative.
The Illusionist..?

-Vader

Didn't see it. Does it bear much resemblence on a more detailed level? There are a lot of films about magicians.